'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood

RELEASED FROM PRISON

I'm Pretty Hungry

11/4/2013 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1104-amber-portwood-inf
"Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood was just released from an Indiana prison ... almost a year-and-a-half after she begged a judge to put her behind bars ... and now she's ready to eat.

Amber was initially sentenced to 5 years in the big house for violating probation in her drug possession case.

The judge had given Amber the choice of going to a drug rehab program instead of prison -- but Amber decided she would rather serve time than do the program.

Now, we've learned the 24-year-old MTV star -- who began her sentence in June 2012 -- was released Monday morning (only 17 months into her sentence).

We're told Portwood was granted early release due to good behavior, time served and the fact that she completed two unspecified prison courses while serving her time.

She walked out of the prison today wearing a grey sweatsuit ... and a smile ... and says the first thing she wants to do as a free woman is "go get something good to eat."

I just wanted to comment

And yet Chris Brown still doesnt have to serve prison time. Lame. Im no fan of these Teen Mom women, but I say regardless of who you are, you do the crime, you must do the time.

w

pretty brave to take that jail sentence over drug rehab, some people say she should of took the rehab to stay with her daughter but I think she knew she couldn't overcome it unless she was forced to do it. I truly hope she doesn't fall back. Keep up the good work Amber. Your little girl is #1 and always will be.

wingedmonkey

she'll be fatter and high again in no time!!

Patti

Just stay clean Amber.....this isn't something to brag about that you were in prison......you ruined your life and any chance at getting a good job.....just please....thing of your daughter before you ever pick up that terrible habit you had to get yourself put into jail in the first place!

diamondsaredumb

She looks totally institutionalized now. Hopefully she learned something and can be a positive influence for her daughter, because she used to be a complete mess.

the truth

She doesn't look like she's missed many meals in prison... So I don't know why she's so darn hungry

Dead account Delete at will

someone banged that chunky thing when she was a teen? I cant imagine she looked better back then. The shows and people watch on tv I'll just never get it.

chifred

Still needs rehab

Carl

I think she's been eating plenty well in prison judging from those pictures.

Tazz

How do you get fatter in jail????

Ozzie X

What were they feeding her? Bologna sandwiches? she still looks fat and ugly.

immamamma

I hope her jail time will keep her sober. I liked her on the show and always wanted to see her do well, it was a shame that she struggled with so much. Hopefully she can see how important it is to be a good mom from here on out.

shanta588

Please tmz I'm begging u please don't start with this girl and her attention seeking baby daddy again.

BJPenndotcom

Don't look like she missed many meals

elizabeth

I'm actually really happy for her. Unlike Jenelle, she knew what she needed to do. Amber I am rooting for you. The road will not be easy, but think about your precious daughter and don't let Gary get to you.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments