Brandon T. Jackson

Passenger Backs Him Up ...

He Wasn't Drunk!

11/7/2013 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1106-brandon-t-jackson-getty"Tropic Thunder" star Brandon T. Jackson was kicked off his US Airways flight for no reason -- at least according to the passenger sitting next to him on the plane, who tells TMZ, Jackson was NOT drunk as the airline claims.

As we previously reported, Brandon was escorted off his flight from NYC to LA on Monday during a layover in Phoenix ... after flight attendants accused him of being drunk and disorderly.

Brandon went off on Twitter after the incident, claiming a flight attendant accused him of being drunk, hurled a racial epithet at him -- and for good measure added, "I don"t care if you're Obama's son -- get in your seat!!"

We spoke to Darrell Howard, who was sitting next to Brandon, and he says he doesn't recall hearing the Obama comment ... but insists Jackson was NOT drunk -- and had no more than two drinks (Jack and gingers) during the 5-and-a-half hour flight from NYC to Phoenix.

Howard also says Brandon shared a few scripts with him and another passenger -- backing up the actor's claim that he told the angry flight attendant he was just "rehearsing lines" with the people next to him.

Howard added Brandon was nothing but nice, and he was shocked to see the flight attendant snap the way she did.

US Airways has said it stands behind its flight attendants.

thetruthhurts

Conclusion don't drink and fly... And remember the flight attendant is always right... Even though I feel as there is difference of character here, one is an actor and the other wants to be one...

abby

Someone's lying here and it isn't the flight attendant. The jerk should have sat down when asked.

kitnplayn

That's the problem. You are standing behind your flight attendant's and too busy phucking them in the ass to do your job of serving passengers with respect and dignity.

Jeems

That damn Robert Downey Jr. can't stay out of trouble

cmn

Drunk or not, who cares, what does that have to do with falsely accusing someone of being a racist? He's a f*ing punk. NO ONE should be able to get away with throwing accusations like that around. Shows his true colors (no pun intended) and that he is the one who is the racist. Get a life, irrelevant punk

dierdre

I have traveled on U.S.Airways a few times, & I can tell you that the flight attendants are very rude. I for one, will never fly on that airlines again. They can say & do whatever they want since 9/11. If you look at them the wrong way, they can escort you off the plane when the plane lands. I wasn't there, but I'm certain this guy wasn't doing anything wrong. From my past experiences, I would NEVER fly that airline again. The best to me is Jet Blue..(just my opinion of course)....

la-loca-lilo

I believe him. I've seen airline attendants be complete a-holes to people. Too bad he was famous and it therefore made the news. I for one won't be flying U.S. Airways anymore if this is they way they treat their paying customers.

Kate

I used to be a flight attendant. I SERIOUSLY doubt a crew member would say anything like he claims. He probably was a jerk!

agb1953

Sorry, but the "get in your seat" comment says it all. When they tell you to sit down, you'd better sit down. They don't play.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2