« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Richie Incognito

I'm Not a Racist ...

Martin Isn't Even Mad at Me

11/10/2013 7:44 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

111013_incognito_glazer_launchRichie Incognito is playing the "everybody does it" card to explain why he hammered Jonathan Martin with threatening, racist, and violent language -- and further, he says it's just how he and Martin talk to each other.

In his first extensive interview, Incognito -- who's been suspended for his actions -- basically said players in NFL locker rooms, black and white, use the n-word freely.

Incognito admitted being "embarrassed" by the voicemail he left for his teammate ... where he called him a "half n**ga" -- and said he feels it's inappropriate for him to ever use that word. Strange ... since he's also saying he does it all the time.

As for bullying? Incognito told FOX NFL Insider Jay Glazer ... he didn't think this was a case of bullying ... and was more "an issue of mine and Jon's relationship, where I've taken stuff too far, and I didn't know it was hurting him."

Incognito also shared text messages he says his "best friend" Jonathan sent him after the controversy exploded. He claims Martin said ... "I don't blame you guys. I blame some stuff in the locker room. I blame the culture. I blame what was going on around me."

So, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

"This isn't an issue about bullying."
`
Bullying = "I've taken stuff too far, and I didn't know it was hurting him."

Dead account Delete at will

TMZ your sites jacked up currently

Mac

'Why when I walk in the locker room something washes over me and what I do or say is not my fault. Its something to do with the NFL.They did it to me' Oh I know--they let me play--Nebraska kicked me out.

arain

a simpleton, bully and a dosh man.
Good golly, man, are you that stupid?

The Zombie

They get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play a children's game. They need to put on their big boy panties and quit whining when feelings get hurt. Haze the **** out of them.

Robyn

Are you kidding me?!?
Most have forgave Michael Vic for the slaughter of helpless animals yet dropping the "N" word is unforgivable? Regardless of his color; that word is used everyday. Is it a nice word Of course not. It's only a word.

J

All young ppl know there is the word ***** and the word ******." Half ******" is extremely racist and not a term of endearment or friendship. Saying "was up my *****" is locker room talk. Sadly racist try to excuse their behavior using the n word in a derogatory way.

Knight

Forgive him for what? Talking like everyone else in the locker room. Maybe the NFL Majority, should make him sit in the back of the bus on trips. Maybe they should have a whites only locker room and a blacks only locker room. Let's just keep races divided, because that's what the president wants. If Obama had a son, he would be as racist as he is. Stop all this stupid $hit and just play fk'ing football.

NEOVIZION

Have to go back to my parents advice. "Just because everybody is doing it doesn't make it right."

Sapphiegirl

"everybody does it" WHAT ARE YOU 5 YEARS OLD DUDE? I SUPPOSE IF EVERYONE JUMPED OF TH GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE, YOU WOULD TOO! DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY GOD DAMNED COMMON SENSE A-HOLE?

MsRita

Stop saying what Martin I think He can speak for His Self. Lying rat bas tard.

Italia

Bullying is always bad. I hate bullies.

jason

Flooding ALL White countries and ONLY White countries with non-White immigration combined with forced integration is a program of White genocide.

Africa will still be full of Africans
Asia will still be full of Asians.
Only White children will suffer from this.

Read the UN genocide conventions: It is genocide.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-White.
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.

210GoSpurs

both sides got way outta hand, i think there is more going on with Martin than what is being blasted through the media. Maybe he's gay? either way in the game of football you gotta have tough skin, the next thing we know he's gonna accuse players on other teams for calling him names on the field during games...

Courtney

I think that a lot of people deal with bullying on the job. I use to work with a woman that bugged the mess out of me. The problem was that people often confuse coworkers with close friends and tell them things about their personal life that they really shouldn't. Then that coworker tries to tell you what to do, begins to offer too much advise and when you don't take it, the gossip begins. You work with them everyday and can't get away from them. My teenage daughter just got her first job and I told her don't sit around with coworkers that you don't really know and tell all of your business. It will come back to haunt you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments