« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Richie Incognito

I'm Not a Racist ...

Martin Isn't Even Mad at Me

11/10/2013 7:44 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

111013_incognito_glazer_launchRichie Incognito is playing the "everybody does it" card to explain why he hammered Jonathan Martin with threatening, racist, and violent language -- and further, he says it's just how he and Martin talk to each other.

In his first extensive interview, Incognito -- who's been suspended for his actions -- basically said players in NFL locker rooms, black and white, use the n-word freely.

Incognito admitted being "embarrassed" by the voicemail he left for his teammate ... where he called him a "half n**ga" -- and said he feels it's inappropriate for him to ever use that word. Strange ... since he's also saying he does it all the time.

As for bullying? Incognito told FOX NFL Insider Jay Glazer ... he didn't think this was a case of bullying ... and was more "an issue of mine and Jon's relationship, where I've taken stuff too far, and I didn't know it was hurting him."

Incognito also shared text messages he says his "best friend" Jonathan sent him after the controversy exploded. He claims Martin said ... "I don't blame you guys. I blame some stuff in the locker room. I blame the culture. I blame what was going on around me."

So, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

IN MY OPINION

I still stand by what I said.
~
It's not the n-word; it's the attitude he has. There is another video TMZ circulated that has nothing to do with Martin.
~
The Raiders will pick him up when the Dolphins' investigation is over.

Crabby

who cares what this big fat white n*gga retard has to say...oh btw I am not racist everyone in the locker room talks like that.

BisbeeChris

A simpleton, bully and a doosh.

IN MY OPINION

I would also like to point out that towards the end of the interview he was stuttering like he didn't rehearse his answers or because of guilt.
!
We'll never know.

boo

Richie, ask your mother if this is okay. Good golly, man, are you that stupid?

PowerBlue

Impaired judgment and general d@uchbaggery seem to increase when the neck grows thicker than the head.

Tuna212

If Al Davis was alive..Richie would be a Raider today...thats that..

Livvie

gmab. He said he wanted to **** in his mouth, assault his mom and lead a gang rape on his sister. Yeah, I'm sure there are no hard feelings. rme

StevenB

His lawyer, the team's lawyers and the League's lawyers are all having strokes today because this idiot won't shut up. Instead he keeps giving the other side more and more and more to use against him.

Stiletto

I think I read that Martin has been on the team 1.5 years...so how long is someone subjected to "rookie hazing"?

Wow ...

If a person is not racist, they will not use racist words.

kitten roulaine

This chunky chunk is insane. Not sure yet if Martin is as well, but something about this whole situation is just off. i mean is one a jilted lover or what.

Carl

Modern day racists (post civil rights movement) almost never realize they are actually racist.

diamondsaredumb

I don't think it's a question of forgiveness; obviously this man is not famous because he split the atom or found a cure for cancer. Some people are morons, period.

JennA

You'd think if he walked away having learned ONE lesson, it would be the importance of knowing when to shut your mouth. This little media blitz isn't helping matters, and he has a lot of nerve speaking for Jonathan Martin.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments