Mark Wahlberg

Actors Comparing Themselves to Soldiers

'How F**king Dare You!' [VIDEO]

11/13/2013 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
New Video

111313_mark_wahlberg_afi_launch_wm

Mark Wahlberg lashed last night, saying "For actors to sit there and talk about 'oh I went to SEAL training?  I don't give a f**k what you did."

Wahlberg was speaking at the AFI Fest in L.A., when someone asked a question about the rigorous training for his movie, "Lone Survivor." It seems Mark may have had our story about Tom Cruise on his mind in which Tom seemed to compare his acting job to fighting in Afghanistan.

Wahlberg unloaded, saying "For somebody to sit there and say 'my job was as difficult as being in the military.'  How f**king dare you, while you sit in a makeup chair for 2 hours."

Wahlberg didn't stop there.  He said, "I don't give a s**t if you get your ass busted.  You get to go home at the end of the day.  You get to go to your hotel room.  You get to order your f**king chicken."

As we reported, we have seen the video of Tom Cruise's deposition where he makes the Afghanistan reference.  When the opposing lawyer says, "Now your counsel has publicly equated your absence from Suri for these extended periods of time as being analogous to someone fighting in Afghanistan," Cruise does not react -- he certainly doesn't make the question look like a joke.

In fact, when Cruise responds, "I didn't hear the Afghanistan, but that's what it feels like and certainly on this last movie it was brutal, it was brutal," he doesn't make it look like it's an obvious joke.   It seems more like a macho answer.

But then, the opposing lawyer crystallizes the point and says, "Do you believe the situations are the same?"  You can see a light bulb go off in Cruise's head, and he realizes where the lawyer is going, and he snaps, "Oh come on."  At this point Cruise is disavowing any comparison.

update_bar
2:04 PDT:  Wahlberg's rep tells TMZ, Mark loves Tom and was in no way referencing him in his comments.

1113_mark_wahlberg_afi_footer

littlebitch

Tom Cruise sucks.

knickfan1

I can't help but think back to when Mark Wahlberg said that if he'd been on one of those 9/11 planes, the outcome would have been much different.

t

Good for Mark, just made himself a lot more likeable to me.

katie

Tom Cruise is so out of touch with the real world. With all of his money he is very insulated from the harsh realities of life and he says totally inappropriate things like this and it is just a turn off. He needs to practice more restraint - not sue the tabloids - no one pays any attention to what they say anyway and he looks like such a douchebag answering questions in his deposition. It makes me not want to see any of his movies.

Margerine

I would sit and watch a Mark Wahlberg movie a thousand times before I would a Tom Cruise movie once.

Go Marky Mark!

jules

Mark, This Soldiers mom sincerely thanks you for your remarks. I wish more had the nads to say what you said. HOOAH!

K

There are difficult aspects to most jobs, but nothing compares to the risks that our service men and women endure everyday. Tom Cruise is absolutely delusional if he can't see the difference between shooting an action flick for millions of dollars and laying your life on the line for a measly $18K. So glad Mark Wahlberg put this idiot in his place!

whateveryou

Some out here want to insult Wahlberg & I'm sure he has his share of flaws & has make his own mistakes in the past. But he doesn't come across as a narcissistic personality & he doesn't seem to be so far back in a certain little room that he can actually see Narnia (if ya' know what I mean). He comes across as more honest than alot of the folks in Hollywood. Good for him for saying what needed to be said. It's really easy to sit back & watch the circus, but to step up & tell the truth, it's another thing. Especially in a place like Hollywood. Good for Wahlberg

OK

I remember Marky Mark saying if he were on flight 93 it wouldn't have crashed because he would have beaten up the high jackers. Very disrespectful to the people on the plane who did fight back

OK

Both Cruise and Marky Mark are fools.

lkelly816

Obviously, Tom Cruise is full of himself as are MANY in Hollyweird!

karker

I'm a mother of 2 sons and a daughter in law in the military. I took offense with Mr. Cruise comparing his acting job to what our military members do. They took an oath to defend this beautiful country and sorry to say but even took an oath to defend your very delusional thinking. You go and make your living by "acting" and get paid millions to do so. Our military go and defend us and don't know if they are coming back home. After the end of your very "hard" day you go back to your air condition hotel and have a wonderful meal and sleep in a comfortable bed. Do you know the conditions of what our military have to deal with overseas? Walk a day in their shoes and then tell us how hard your job is. Thank you Mr. Wahlberg for putting this very small minded man in his place. God Bless The USA and God Bless our WONDERFUL Military!!

nof

"SAVING PRIVATE WAHLBERG."

John

I find TMZ very entertaining, yet, I never comment on anything just sit back and watch. However, being a veteran that never announces that fact nor brags about it, I take offense to all those that defend Cruise and his words. Many athletes compare their afternoon of playing the same way and its simply outrageous! War is hell. War is unforgettable. War is painful. But it's necessary at times and we soldiers have to go and defend when asked. Lets put things into perspective here....acting, playing sports, etc and making enormous paychecks and fame is in no shape or form remotely close to what soldiers endure. Thanks for sticking up for the silent ones Mark! And those trying to bash him by saying he uses bad words etc.....**** off or better yet, go serve your country.

Brian

I wonder if people are getting mad over nothing? What exactly did Tom Cruise say? I doubt he said my job is as hard as fighting a war. The media does like to take a little fact and blow it out of proportion.