Alec Baldwin

Suspended by MSNBC

Apologizes for Homophobic Rant

11/15/2013 5:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1115-alec-baldwin-msnbc-tmz
Alec Baldwin has one less place to rant ... MSNBC suspended the actor from his talk show for hurling homophobic slurs -- and he's finally admitting what he said was "offensive."

Baldwin released a statement saying ... "I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry."

Baldwin's issued his apology after MSNBC announced it was yanking his weekly show off the air tonight and next Friday.

Alec seems to be rationalizing his rage though, saying ... "What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable."

Baldwin originally claimed he yelled, "c**ksucking fathead" ... instead of "c**ksucking f*g" ... while chasing a photographer on Thursday.

In his apology Baldwin concedes, "Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward.  Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support."

janet

So what. Got to agree with Baldwin. Very simple leave me and my family alone. It's not that hard.

It's not like Lindsay Lohan who speed dials the paps for attention. Here I am and then accuses them and blames them for her problems.

Sammowah

Rant? I am fine with people arguing about whether or not he said "****sucking ***" or "****sucking fathead", but referring to it as a rant? C'mon!

Lori

He needs to get some anger management. And maybe even realize that the photographers are going to continue to push him to his limit just to get a reaction out of him.

Zambonie

just fire the old bag of rage
you'll find other talented people to fill the minor void his absence will create, in no time at all

Southflgirl

This is for Alec. It's a Lily Allen song that was written for him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK4fJhbRL1g

Bubba

Actually words are cheap Alec its actions that are important. And your actions in public always seem to suck.

2percent

So, I have learned that white celebs holler slurs at reporters and photogs while the blacks just beat them

bring back recent posts

...lol...nothing more than free advertising for a show most of us never knew existed..

Yurra Knutz

Some papparazzi suucks roosters... At least according to Alec.

Jeff Becker

What's MSNBC?

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Can't we see some news about a REAL celebrity....like Kindle Jenner?

gutsygirl

He had lousy ratings anyways. Grow a pair MSNBC and fire him.

Billy

This A$& clown is not sorry for anything he's said, ever. What's really funny is look back at people who criticize others the most. Those guys who blast gay people always turn out to be gay themselves and caught in the bathroom in a park or airport getting it on with a little boy. I think alec likes the pipe.

jakebee

Since when does TMZ get to take the moral high ground? Then hire cameramen to follow people around and videotape/harass them and their families, then make fun of them with that dumb high pitched voice over guy. I like TMZ, but stop trying to take the moral high ground, you guys are trash entertainment. Harvey Levin produces trash. It's entertaining mindless lowbrow garbage, so stop trying to pretend you guys are better than that.

janet

Again I agree wih Baldwin. Leave him and his family alone. So he mouths off. Calls it like it is. Back off.