Sean Penn

FLIPS OUT on Fan

'I'll Make You Eat Your Cell Phone!'

11/20/2013 9:23 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

112013_sean_penn_video_launch_1
Sean Penn went nuclear on a fan in a fancy San Francisco hotel last night -- threatening to jack the guy up after Sean caught him trying to sneak a cell phone pic ... and TMZ has the explosive footage.

Penn was at the Lobby Bar at the St. Regis Hotel in the Financial District ... when he saw a flash go off from another patron's cell phone and realized the guy was trying to take a photo.

A witness at the bar tells TMZ ... Penn bolted after the guy (who wasn't a paparazzo) ... and screamed at him, "Do we look like f**king zoo animals?"

Penn -- who was in town to speak at a sales conference -- also grabbed the man's phone and slammed it to the ground.

That's when our video begins ... and you can hear Penn yelling, "I'll make you eat the phone ... get the f**k out of here!!"

Moments later, a clearly irritated Penn complained to hotel management -- and can be heard saying, "You should do something about that."

We're told hotel management approached the fan and asked him if he wanted to call the police -- but the man declined and then left the bar.

FYI -- we're also told the man had attended the sales conference where Sean was speaking and was wearing his name tag at the time of the bar confrontation.

We reached out to the St. Regis -- but they have no comment.

static

That's right let him destroy your property and talk to you like you're a bitch, unbelievable.

Verity

For some reason I have never liked Sean Penn so I avoid the movies he is in.

Mei

Little Shrimp is going to make some one eat theri cell phone? Now that I would like to see, He needs to get over himself and move on. He is not the be all end all that he thinks he is...if he were, well would he not be a cabinet member for BO????

Joe D

I find it so funny that its seems to be always the most liberal leftists who are the most obnoxious rude and vicious people, People like Penn and alex baldwin should be happy anyone even notices them let alone wants a photo of them If these jerks would just wave and let the fans and papparazzi shoot a few photos they wouldnt be dogging them instead they blow up and then more photogs show up, Years ago superstars never had problems like this they understood without fans and press they would be nobody

JFO

Do something about what???? What expectation of privacy do you have in a public bar you ass wipe??? If he took my phone I'd kick his ass.

bill

why can't that happen to me, i'd kill that little pr ick. slit him with a razor real fast. kill him !!!!!!!

Mariana Petoom

Spoiled brat! That's the price you pay, Penn, for the huge salary you get. If you don't like the fans, get out of the business.

JOAN

Hey, Sean watch out the fans don't make you eat you're words you moron-- Penn should look up the other moron Cher!

Carl

Yes, you do look like a zoo animal or "high" on something.

jimchi92

What is the big deal, what would you do if someone is harassing you?

J

Just another example of the celebritites thinking they are so much better then anyone else....don't want your picture taken, stay out of bars, crowds, hell, just stay out of our country, go visit/live in your favorite country ...Venezuela, they love commies like you.

Nelson

This is proof that sometimes, you don't want to meet your favorite celebrity. Sean Penn, what a jerk. Paparazzi is one thing, but this is a guy who attended the seminar that Penn spoke at. Clearly a fan of his. What a jerk. Don't these celebs realize they have the life style they do because of the fans?

mrz16

Keep that AH stuff up and someone is going to take him out of this world.

AMB

Frankly I'm sick of all these liberal so called actors and Baldwin is another.....I'm switching to home movies HAHA

Marcus

Sean Penn has always been a little bitchboy. I don't care for the guy one way or the other. But, now that I know he doesn't like his picture taken, if I ever come face to face with him I will take his picture and be praying that he jumps in my face . I'd love to be famous as the guy that beat commie Sean Penn to a pulp.