Sylvia Browne

World Famous Psychic DEAD

11/20/2013 6:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1120-getty-sylvia-browne
World famous psychic Sylvia Browne -- who appeared on all sorts of TV shows including "Montel" "Larry King Live" and "Unsolved Mysteries" -- has passed away .. TMZ has learned.

Browne specialized in psychic detective work, and attempted to help on several missing person cases ... with varying results.

Browne's son, Chris, tells TMZ ... Sylvia passed away this morning in San Jose, surrounded by family and friends.  She was 77.

Browne most recently took heat after famously announcing that Amanda Berry had died after she went missing in 2003 ... because, as we all know now, she wasn't dead.  Sylvia chalked up the misinformation as a simple mistake.

The following message was just posted on Sylvia's Facebook page, "Sylvia graduated today. She was surrounded by family and friends. What a legacy. She shared so much. We will carry on her knowledge with hypnosis and Journey of the Soul and her many books. What a great party they must be having on the Other Side. Bless everyone."

Lyssa

How classy, TMZ, to include a fraud claim on someone's death announcement. I am and always will be a huge fan of Sylvia's . She can't help what information is given to her through her gift, whether it makes sense to the person asking, or not. It's wonderful the way you all speak of the dead, now also. Shameful.

BeSerious

She also told Shawn Hornbeck's parents he was dead. And he is very much alive.

Bob

Her spirit just told me she bequests her fortune to me. I dare her family to prove me wrong.

yomama

charlatan. Too bad so many people are so friggin' credulous that they buy into this supernatural happy crappy. Isn't the universe beautiful enough and mysterious enough and wondrous enough without having to make up god(s) and magic and other woo??

Yurra Knutz

To prove my powers... I predict that in the next elections, some long serving politicians will retire and others will lose the election...

Now, please send money to me so I can see myself driving a black Lexus LFA.

Me

I wonder if she saw that coming?

Xianne

I think one of the mothers of the ohio kidnapp victim went to Sylvia Browne to ask if her daughter was still alive . And Sylvia sad no she was no longer alive . Then that mom dead years later before she was found alive.

IceSword

but she predicted she would die at the age of 88... she was never wrong on her predictions....oh wait...nm

IceSword

Machelle

Reading the rude, insensitive comments from you people just makes me eternally grateful that none of you or the morons at TMZ will make it to heaven.

Denise

Good. Not only was she a phony scam artist, she wasn't a very nice person, either.

Kimberly.le.fae

Denise. That isn't nice at all. I had a reading by her. An I am convinced. It is the worst $500.00. I ever spent. She definitely lost her gift in her elder years. If she ever was gifted. But try not to be so hateful. If there is a God. That deals with people who take advantage of people. In there most devastating periods during life. I can only imagine the world of hurt she is in. Instead try to feel sympathetic. For her loved ones. There sad I am sure. An I know you don't need any bad Karma. Like I know I don't.

shakedoggy

did she lead investigators to her own dead body?

doink

halliluja! the evil witch is dead!

And her arch-nemesis James Randi outlived her! There is still hope for the universe!! now if only Montel would croak next! (fingers crossed)

RondaRae♡♡

My thoughts and prayers go out to family. .she was a mother and grandma...have some respect ..