Sylvia Browne

World Famous Psychic DEAD

11/20/2013 6:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1120-getty-sylvia-browne
World famous psychic Sylvia Browne -- who appeared on all sorts of TV shows including "Montel" "Larry King Live" and "Unsolved Mysteries" -- has passed away .. TMZ has learned.

Browne specialized in psychic detective work, and attempted to help on several missing person cases ... with varying results.

Browne's son, Chris, tells TMZ ... Sylvia passed away this morning in San Jose, surrounded by family and friends.  She was 77.

Browne most recently took heat after famously announcing that Amanda Berry had died after she went missing in 2003 ... because, as we all know now, she wasn't dead.  Sylvia chalked up the misinformation as a simple mistake.

The following message was just posted on Sylvia's Facebook page, "Sylvia graduated today. She was surrounded by family and friends. What a legacy. She shared so much. We will carry on her knowledge with hypnosis and Journey of the Soul and her many books. What a great party they must be having on the Other Side. Bless everyone."

Hotrodius

Well....bye.

Jim G1

Jim G1

A wise man once said : It's unfortunate that she only stopped hurting so many people by dying ~ James Randi

Just My Opinion

If this lady was good at this, she could of pick 6 damn good numbers on the lottery, and not have to scam people out of their money. If I was a true good one, I wouldn' be ripping people off. Not right and no need to if you are a good one.

Rory

what kind of regular people go to psychics in the first place ? people who are dillusional and unable to incorporate common sense into their lives and who are too weak to face the inevitable. if they want to fork out money then it's their choice. maybe they don't really care what they hear, good or bad. as long as they get an answer that their own weak minds won't let them do for themselves. rip silvia

Vote2012

Never heard of her? Who?

Daralynn

Harvey and Charles, I watch your show every day. However today you pissed me off. You guys are *******s. I created an account today just to talk **** to you! Leave Sylvia alone! She is loved by millions and now she is dead. Let her rest. Stop making jokes because it's not funny. Her family , friends, and fans are mourning her. Stop being douche bags...for once.

lost in translation

Sylvia was a brilliant and compassionate woman and although I laugh at most of TMZ's pieces about celebrities, I was disgusted about what they said about Sylvia. She was a medium; she did not predict things in the future. The piece just made TMZ look like a bunch of douchecannons! The same can be said for many of the people posting nasty remarks about her in this forum. She did a lot of her readings for FREE on live television, so saying she bilked people out of money is total BS. God bless you Sylvia and rest in peace.

Ros

My sister in law had a brain tumor and arranged a 30 minute reading by telephone with Sylvia. Sylvia told her the tumor was going to to away and SIL would be fine. SIL paid $60...0 for the 30 minutes and a few months later the tumor killed her. It's too bad Sylvia scammed so many people.

Jackie

Hell is waiting for you for scamming people.

Tyler Garrett

The world is probably better off with one less fraud bilking people out of money. On a side note, she once predicted her death to be a 88. Missed that one by a decade.

MilitaryDocsMom911

I'm confused. I know you all have a great time on your show and love to joke around but I have to ask, "Are you content with yourself when doing that kind of stuff in regards to a PERSON, no matter her ability or lack of, but to respond to a death that way? Its one thing if you want to spoof her job, but here is a way to at least, respect the loss of a life and respect the family. What she did or didnt do, fine, go at it at. But she was a mom, grandma, and so much more, behind it all. This is what my kid is in the military to defend? WOW. She may not have always been correct but you havent either. So from me, I want her family to know not everyone is joking about the loss of your mom.

Rene Cannaday

Why do people always have negative things to say when someone passes. Why not be compassionate and say a little prayer or just go about your day. Why waste energy, esp negative energy on someone you don't even know? Perhaps change your way of thinking, challenge yourself to think differently. Trust me, when it is your time to be judged before our almightly father, you won't want to have anything said negative. Its all about putting good energy into this world, we have enough of bad in this world.

Rememeber what you put out in this world is what you get back and if we all think of something nice when someone passes, you will feel better. Just a suggestion to one peoples to another peps. A change, no matter how big or small, counts..

Justfacts

I knew her and I saw this coming, but didn't charge her!!
To say she would live to 88yrs old when her medical problems had been going on for 20 yrs is amazing.
"Ignorant is bliss, its a folly to be wise"
Would like to say something nice about her, knowing her as I did, but its hard when your a crab with tentacles. She's reaping what she sowed!! No love lost here.

Rembo

Alleged psychic. Alleged. Unproven claim. Strangely, she was recently booked for a New Jersey January 2014 show date -- one would have thought she might have avoided post-mortem bookings since she possessed such impressive alleged powers. But I guess we'll now be hearing a lot of her thoughts from the other side from here on. But I wonder who will be the anointed recipient of her words of wisdom from beyond (contact estate for available franchise information). Harry Houdini promised to contact his wife after his death if he found there was indeed an "afterlife." The world is, of course, still waiting to hear from Harry. Remember, it's all just for entertainment only, and Sylvia was a past master. Just ask James Randi.