Sylvia Browne

World Famous Psychic DEAD

11/20/2013 6:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1120-getty-sylvia-browne
World famous psychic Sylvia Browne -- who appeared on all sorts of TV shows including "Montel" "Larry King Live" and "Unsolved Mysteries" -- has passed away .. TMZ has learned.

Browne specialized in psychic detective work, and attempted to help on several missing person cases ... with varying results.

Browne's son, Chris, tells TMZ ... Sylvia passed away this morning in San Jose, surrounded by family and friends.  She was 77.

Browne most recently took heat after famously announcing that Amanda Berry had died after she went missing in 2003 ... because, as we all know now, she wasn't dead.  Sylvia chalked up the misinformation as a simple mistake.

The following message was just posted on Sylvia's Facebook page, "Sylvia graduated today. She was surrounded by family and friends. What a legacy. She shared so much. We will carry on her knowledge with hypnosis and Journey of the Soul and her many books. What a great party they must be having on the Other Side. Bless everyone."

lisa

My ex husband sold his truck for $800. For a phone call with her and she said his mom who he hadn't seen since he was 3 Years old was dead nope that was a lie just met her. Nothing she said was anything we didn't already know.

Nick

The world is a better place without Sylva Browne.

Itsme!

It is the only profession were everyone expects you to be a 100% right. Which is humanly impsossible RIP

Delilah Dugo

Rest In peace. Even in death people have to be haters and have nothing but negativity. Just shows the lack of maturity and respect for the dead that people have!

Nick

Sylvia Clowne - rest in pieces.

Helyn

I wonder if she is 35yrs old when she passed away, she once said tthat when you die, you become 35 years old again, I think that there are probably more accurate physics out there then her, nevertheless R.I.P. Sylvia Brown. ,

Mike

My sympathy to her family and friends.

Mayu

people who think she was such a wonderful, accurate psychic who just was wrong once or twice should look at the site http://stopsylvia.com - not saying anything about the fact she died. that is sad and I saw R.I.P... but lets not make her out to be more than she was... an opportunist who made money off of telling people what they wanted to hear. As for accuracy... Ben Ownby, Amanda Berry, The miners in that big mine collapse, Christopher Reeve, and so on.

Daniel English

Having read several of her books and watched her on Montel. I believe she was a fraud. She took credit in her books for things she didn't cite and blatantly plagiarized. After seeing her predictions fail over the while I believe she was nothing more than a cold reader.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I saw this coming.......last few times she was on Montel, she looked unwell, you didn't have to be psychic to see she wouldn't last ten more years.

Bye Sylvia. I wish I could give you more polite departing words, but you were sort of a con artist...

nof

I predicted this last April 4th.

Ace

Now that she's out of the way they'll never catch me.

Nick

Is there someone with a relative? An A name? B? C? D? E? Elaine? Lane? Nan? F? G? G! George he was your uncle? Cousin? Father?

Mykuh

When people are left hurt and wondering they turn to anything for answers. Some people chose Sylvia brown, she helped heal people whether it was true or not. Faith in the spirit world gives people peace with afterlife. RIP Sylvia Brown!! <3

nof

Look it up:

Last Spring on my call-in show I SAID to Sylvia.

In fact more than once.

"Don't make any plans for Thanksgiving."