Sylvia Browne

World Famous Psychic DEAD

11/20/2013 6:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1120-getty-sylvia-browne
World famous psychic Sylvia Browne -- who appeared on all sorts of TV shows including "Montel" "Larry King Live" and "Unsolved Mysteries" -- has passed away .. TMZ has learned.

Browne specialized in psychic detective work, and attempted to help on several missing person cases ... with varying results.

Browne's son, Chris, tells TMZ ... Sylvia passed away this morning in San Jose, surrounded by family and friends.  She was 77.

Browne most recently took heat after famously announcing that Amanda Berry had died after she went missing in 2003 ... because, as we all know now, she wasn't dead.  Sylvia chalked up the misinformation as a simple mistake.

The following message was just posted on Sylvia's Facebook page, "Sylvia graduated today. She was surrounded by family and friends. What a legacy. She shared so much. We will carry on her knowledge with hypnosis and Journey of the Soul and her many books. What a great party they must be having on the Other Side. Bless everyone."

hotbitch

I'll admit it----my roommate and I used to skip class sometimes to watch Sylvia on Montel! LOL I've seen many an episode where she was right on point. I realize that some people may have disliked her for whatever reason. But to wish death upon someone or celebrate her death is just sick and evil. I will never understand how the human race can be so mean. Or how so many of said race wind up on this website.

Jeanne Tutt

you know I believed in her about the earthquakes and whatnot when I lived in seattle because she hit quite a few times.

But when I saw what she did to Shawn Hornbeck's family and a few others she lost my belief. She suddenly stopped doing missing person cases... wonder why!

fargone

Well, she was 77 years old so she should have seen it coming.

Tammi

TMZ Have a heart and take this you tube clip OFF from ALL of your TMZ social media links. It's sad that even at my personal request, anything stays up for a story. Sylvia Browne was the biggest fraud out there.. This is very personal PLEASE REMOVE IT ASAP

Mike

She lived near me here in San Jose. She was terrible, always saying the dumbest crap on the Lamont and Tenolli radio show. They would bring her in and she would say the dumbest stuff ever. She was a huge fraud.

Dirttrack00

Oh no! Talking with her was on my bucket list!

Tammi

tgrfan42069

she preyed on the emotionally unsound to get rich.

She's baaaack

I caught her act a few times when she was on TV with Montel Williams. I don't know if she really had skills but she sure seemed like a fraud. Anyhow, RIP.

Nancy

Rest in peace Sylvia ❤

Demi

More great stuff under Montel's belt.

Jude

These people are so rude! I don't care what she did for a living...she was someone's wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt...RIP Ms. Brown.

I'm A Lawyer

People are free to think she was a scam artist, but to be parading around and cheering, it's immature and sickening. You're worse than what she think she was if you are celebrating someone's death.

Lori San Roman

I really appreciate you sharing this with us.. She was an amazing beautiful woman.. I was a faithful fan and viewer of hers until her retirement. My family and I love her , we respect and believe in her gift. I just wanted to Thank you again.. Thank you! and God Bless!

Chun LI

Serves her right for telling that kidnapped ohio girl's mom she was dead.