Aaron Carter

Files for Bankruptcy

Even My Dog's Worthless

11/21/2013 6:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1121-aaron-carter-dog
Aaron Carter may want candy, but he can't afford it anymore ... because TMZ has learned he's gone belly up, filing for bankruptcy ... and the papers reveal sad news about his pooch.

According to legal docs, obtained by TMZ, Aaron's assets total $8,232.16.  Here's the BIG problem.  His liabilities total $2,204,854, which include a $31,166 AmEx bill.

Aaron -- who was a huge pop star and is still on tour, even tonight -- also owes $1,368,140 mil to the IRS.

As for his assets, he lists a 61" flat screen worth $500.  He also lists 2 MacBooks, 2 Headset Mics, a Mini Keyboard, Portable Beats, a speaker, a guitar, $60 in cash, Louis Vuitton backpack, a duffle bag and a printer worth a total of $2,500.  And he owns a Brietling watch worth $3,750.

Here's the saddest part.  He also lists a dog, with a value of ZERO.

Aaron lists his average monthly income at $1,998.75.  As for his monthly expenses -- $2,005, which includes $600 for food, $150 for clothes, and $65 for hygiene.

He's currently living with a family member.

Aaron is not filing for Bankruptcy light, which is often used to reorganize debts.  He's going for the whole, Chapter 7 enchilada, which means the creditors will eat it.

Aaron's rep Steve Honig tells us the singer filed for bankruptcy to move forward with his life and career adding, "the overwhelming majority of the debt he is asking to be discharged is from more than 10 years ago when he was a minor and not in control of his finances."

Clifton

When I saw the original story, I saw a picture of a US flag draped around his shoulders. This is a clear violation of the US Flag Code, which is where we get the rule that a flag should not be allowed to touch the ground.

It also states that the flag should not be worn as clothing.

abby

Aaron worthless, doggie . . . priceless.

BB not bb

He is spending a lot on monthly expenses. If he really wanted to pay off his bills he could cut back on the food, clothing and hygiene allowance. Buy a bar of soap, do your own laundry, and cook your own cheap food. That is what other poor people do.

People run up bills and then don't feel like paying them so they file bankruptcy. I don't think that is what the system was meant for. This in turn encourages the banks to impose ridiculous interest and fees on honest people who do everything they can to pay back their loans.

Namaste

I know he is recently sober and is trying to get his life in order, but how can an animal be worthless?

Brian

Wasn't he in The Back Street Boys ?...Or something like that

kim

$60...0 a month for food? What the hell is he eating? Gold? My family of 3 spends less then $150 a month

Brian Workman

He burns $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ like Obama does!!!

Comment king

I hope he has recovered. When I heard what was going on I felt sad for him. I'm not really one to care about figures. They prove nothing when it pertains to the worth of a person. He is one of us in this world. Any person no matter who they are can fall Victim to an Addiction. It takes many forms.

DiM

He listed his dog as worth $0, so he would be able to keep him.
Its hard to beleive a kid making so much money wouldnt save any. Only in Hollywood I suppose.

busy bee

He is spending Apricot. $20.00 a day. Not alot. Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner. That's Apricot.$7.00 per meal. If he doesn't cook, that is peanuts. He could starve on that. I bought the Crispy Chicken Sandwich, with Small frys at Burger King, No drink. $7.03. I'm probably half his size. NOT ALOT.

mak920

I can't help but feel sorry for this kid. His parent's were thieves/crazies that used their kids for money and now that whole Carter family is a mess of pill addicts and alcoholics without parents.

don

sorry buddy, under the US Bankruptcy Code your taxes owed will not be discharged.

The Zombie

Come on... I don't give a rat's ass about this dude, but give him a break. He's listing the dog at $0 so they won't take it. I can respect that.

Amay

OK, I know we need to be accountable for our debts. What I am confused about is that this being filed as far back as before he was 18? Someone else was handling his affairs. I realize SOMEONE has to be held accountable, however, before 18, how can you control that?

I have been watching my oldest daughter struggle to pay off her debts from while living with her biological father that I have nothing to do with. Behind her back in some cases, he put bills in her name. He refused to pay those bills even when he made her move out!

Crazy! He had bills in her name prior to her being 18! She is a better person than me. I would have reported him and taken him to court! She is nearly caught up and is doing really good!

vanity J

You guys need to stop attacking this young man. Do your damn research before calling him a loser & lecturing him about saving. if you read the ACTUAL article of this issue, you would know that in the past, his family was the one that took over his financial assets & abused handling his money. His own mother was feeding off her own children, and treated them as their manager rather than a mother figure. You should look past his trouble, and realize that this boy wants to move on & be happy. I' sorry you guys have nothing better to do than to call him names. Pathetic, as I see it! he is struggling, and all you reader care about is to see him fail & struggle?? wtf is wrong with you, where is the compassion in all of this?