Miss Cleo

on Sylvia Browne's Death:

I Did Not See That Coming

11/21/2013 8:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1121_miss_cleo_sylvia-browne_gettyThe psychic community is mourning the loss of clairvoyant Sylvia Browne ... including the legendary Miss Cleo who tells TMZ, "I did not see this coming."

Cleo says she hadn't seen Browne in a while -- but says, "Sylvia did much for people while she was here. She was on the top of her game."

When asked if she predicted Sylvia's death, Cleo said ... "I did not see this coming. People seem to think that’s how we operate. Sylvia and I had very different perspective. I have respect for her."

We also asked about how the psychic community felt when Sylvia incorrectly said she could sense kidnapping victim Amanda Berry had died after her abduction.

"I remembered I felt bad for her when the media made a big deal about Amanda this year. It was poor information.  People don’t understand that no one is perfect.  I don’t believe in absolute predictions."

Cleo added, "I am sending good energy to Sylvia. And hope she rests peacefully."

dierdre

I always liked Sylvia Browne. May she R.I.P. She seemed to have helped a lot of people. My condolences to her family...

tieraadams23

Psychics do not exist that is why Ms. Browne "predicted" the Amanda situation incorrectly. Wow! Miss Cleo didn't see that coming? You're a psychic.

Nick

Why does the tmz staff think "didn't see it coming" is so funny? Does that even qualify as a joke? You used it yesterday and so did half the people in comments. Really, it's not that clever.

CN

They are/were both frauds. Sylvia just got to be on TV a little longer.

Ms Cleo (real name Youree Dell Harris, born in America, not Jamaica) is a "real" psychic? Then why the big fall over a decade ago? Both lying, fraudulent con artists.

wingfreak

"She was on top of her game"........GAME is the only word I really took out of that. The people who give their hard earned money to these idiots are the real morons.

BsNrrjrrr

Montel must be sad! His show was so boring after he kept having her on the show.

TagYouRPregnant

You know why none of these other stupid psychic "didn't see it coming"...? BECAUSE THIS **** AINT REAL!!!!!!
youtube.com/ watch?v=22Tj_l4PcPs
Pretty much sums it up of what "psychics" are all about.

Just My Opinion

If this woman was real, she would be able to see 9-11 coming, or any other attacks on the US. Only God can tell what is going to happen and knows the future. No one else has that power. This woman couldn't even tell ya what date she will pass away on, because only God has the info.

Releaseurtruth Readings

Whether she was wrong or not isnt the point here.. She has passed away. She is a mother and please refrain for judging her.. There is a time and a place and now isnt the time.

en Todo Momento!!

whatever. 'death' can be a very psychological state, and even in a living person, or in someone who is 'still alive' this state can very well be detected by a psychic. so now everyone is telling me amada berry 'did not die' while being raped by her vicious captor in his 'perfect little home family' dungeon? okeey then. i don't think she assessed her knowledge incorrectly. ya'll can go ahead and ask amanda berry today, how alive she felt. go ahead. ask her.

Mrs C

It would be great if you could get one of the mediums like Theresa Caputo, John Edward or James Van Pragh to see if they can connect with Sylvia!!!!

myopinion

LMAO.....Why would you ask Ms.Cleo when she was proven to be a fraud.

Obvious justice

I would love to see John Edward proven wrong on national tv

CLK

She didn't see it because she is not operating in a gift or annointing for prophesy. You can have a gift without repentance, that does not mean you are annointed to give people any adivse or foretell anything. What's terrible is people wasted their monies, on those psychic lines, books, and whatever else they promoted. God gives us common sense, and authority to go to Him directly. He does award the gift of prophesy; but the individual is annointed and Holy Ghost filled. When people prophesy it is based upon the Word, and what they say has to make sense to you. Neither has/had the Holy Ghost to tell me or anyone else anything.

Shane