« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-WWE Star Razor Ramon

I'm No Scam Artist

11/21/2013 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

112013_jake_the_snake_launch
Scott Hall (aka Razor Ramon) and his old wrestling pal Jake "The Snake" Roberts insist they're NOT running a scheme to bilk thousands of dollars from fans ... despite allegations to the contrary.

The former WWF (now WWE) greats have been taking heat (along with their mentor Diamond Dallas Page) after asking fans to donate cash to help pay for various medical expenses.  As part of the deal, Scott and Jake promised different "perks" for donors -- in the form of autographs, shirts, phone calls, video chats, etc.

But some fans claimed Jake and Scott took the money and NEVER came through with the perks ... and they began bombarding the wrestlers with hate mail.

TMZ Sports spoke with Jake who tells us there's a perfectly good explanation -- he simply doesn't move as quickly as he used to.

"We're very thankful for all the fans who supported us. It's an ongoing process and we didn't realize how much work it would be (to make sure everyone got their perk)."

"However, it doesn’t matter how long it takes, we will get all of them done," Jake says ... adding, "Remember, we ain't secretaries (HAHA no disrespect to secretaries)."

"There was never any intention to let any supporters down ... so if anyone out there is still waiting on their perk please just contact us and we will handle it ASAP! But for the record no one is getting ripped off."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MileysBeatUpVag

Doesn't surprise me...Scott Hall is a known alcoholic and Jake Roberts a crackhead.Two guys I definitely wouldn't trust my money with

Richie Incognegro711

They are no Virgil. That guy will photo bomb people than intimidate them into giving him money

Kens Cards

I also donated early on to the fundraiser. I asked that the phone call perk be made to a young wrestling fan I know and he got his call within a week or so of the aproximate target date given. Patience.....

J

I donated too, I got my "perk" about 2 months later. What you got to realize is that thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people , donated to them and it's going to take some time to fulfill the thousands of perks.

Ethan

I got my perk as well!

Vincent

I got my perk as well. I got a Skype call from Scott. He talked with me for 10 minutes which is alot more than I expected and he was very cool and cracked jokes. People just need to be patient.

Steve Gans

I donated and got my perk right away - and it was personalized, which is more than I expected. Let the haters hate. I have a lot of friends in the wrestling business and they all say that these men are legitimately working on both getting well and giving back to their fans.

Eddie

Why anyone would give these guys a dime is beyond me. Why would anyone feel sorry for these guys? They all made several millions of dollars over the course of their careers but they pissed it all away.

ian182

Well pro wrestling was born out of the carnivals and Kayfabe is pretty much another word for Con