Bill Maher

Catholics Demand Boycott

One Priest Joke Too Many

11/25/2013 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1125_bill-maher_catholic_league_TMZ The leading Catholic rights group in America wants to organize their own hate campaign -- because they hate the anti-religious hatred they claim Bill Maher spews on his show ... and now it's calling for network execs to kill Bill's show for good.

The Catholic League -- which has had issues with Maher for years -- now say "Real Time with Bill Maher" finally crossed the line after a recent guest went nuts bashing Catholicism.

The guest -- author Dan Savage -- was ragging against a bishop who claimed kids adopted by gay parents have a higher chance of suicide.  Savage's retort: "He's confusing children of gay parents with children who are raped by Catholic priests." Dan referred to them as "kiddie-f***ing Catholic priests."

112513_bill_maher_launch
Savage's remarks incensed the org ... so they sent a list of every "anti-Catholic" statement ever mentioned on the show -- going as far back as '98 -- asking every bishop to write Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes, urging him to give the show the ax.

luckycat

REALLY
UGLY IN AND OUT.

Harvey-SUX

Priests spend far to much times buggering little boys. No wonder they grow up pissed after having RELIGION shoved up their asses.

Joey

This was a great piece. Well done Maher & Savage. The Catholic Church has no moral standing on this issue, no matter how cool the new pope seems to be. The idiot that runs the "Catholic League" should shut his dumb mouth. We have freedom of speech here.

Brian

Why does anyone waste their time watching that crappy show? Bill Maher sucks.

Pablo Escabar

All they did was raise Bill's ratings.

dierdre

This man needs to get off the air...He is rude, opinionated in a bad way, constantly mouths off . Please, take him off the air....I can't stomach the guy.

cujothedog

Maybe they need to spend the same amount of time worrying about their child raping priests instead of excusing them and getting upset when someone calls the kettle black....

combine

He's too afraid to make comments about Muslims. Have at it Maher, show us what you're made of. Big P---y Boy!

combine

I'd like to hear him make jokes about Muslims. He's too big a p---y!

Kristinajp

I understand people being agnostic but atheist how arrogant can you be to really think that you are 100% sure there is no God....I have no idea if there is on isn't but either way I am safe, I practice life the way I wish most people would, just be kind to others and when you see someone like me who might not be the best driver (although no accidents in 20+ yrs) remember, no need for road rage. ..not all of us can be as perfect as some of you think you you are.

Colonel Custard

I bet Maher and Bieber play yank yong.

Keyser Söze

Too bad everything Savage said was completely right.

You do not want to be judge? Then don't judge other, you disgusting hypocrites.

FUT THE SHUCK UP

Wow TMZ, bias much? I'm not very religious, but a boycott of a product is not equivalent to a "hate campaign". You people are vile, especially that twerp Harvey.

The Truth

Exactly how I end all my posts

The Truth Hurts

HRH Prince Michael

@Fut: I hate to agree. Harvey -and TimeWarner- has cunningly turned a once-entertaining site into a Propaganda work - for the "Government".
All, in -near- due time.