Charlie Sheen

Grants Last Wish for Cancer Patient

11/28/2013 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1127-charlie-sheen-02

Charlie Sheen
single-handedly organized and paid for a cancer patient's greatest wish -- to hang with the actor.

Marion Minchuk is a cancer patient who has been told he has a month to live.  Marion got in touch with Charlie's people and asked if there was any way he could meet him before he died.

Charlie invited Marion to L.A. ... he lives in Arizona.  Charlie paid for 3 first class tickets -- for Marion, his GF and his nurse.  He put them up at the Presidential Suite and the Universal Hilton.

Charlie took the 3 to the set of "Anger Management" where Marion got to sit in Charlie's chair -- it's a thing on the show.

1127-charlie-sheen-01

Charlie then took Marion to his home, where a chef made lunch for the group and they went to the screening room to watch "Gravity."

Charlie signed an "Anger Management" script and signed a DVD of "Wall Street."

Marion was beyond excited.

Dan

Charlie has his demons, but he's a good dude. Most anyone who knows him knows he's always gonna have bad coping mechanisms, but his heart is solid. Now, his charity work would be far more pure if he didn't always make sure that all his acts of kindness don't also come with his Public Relations people tagging along and making sure it gets out to all the major press outlets...

SusanInFlorida

I was too engrossed in my own life for years, so I didn't see Two and a Half Men until last year. I have been hooked on CS ever since! Charlie, you did a mitzvah (good deed) for this man with only 30 days to live. There ae so many other people out there who would say "oh well, I'm a celebrity." Not you, CS! Chuck Lorrie must really have pushed your buttons to make you show your tiger's blood, my man! And now you have to fight the drug induced craziness that is Brooke!!! Does anyone remember Charlie buying Brooke that house in his neighborhood so he could rescue his twin sons on a moment's notice? I do! He didn't have to do that. And Denise....his relationship with her has endured over the years past their divorce because deep down they still love each other. BTW, thank you, Charlie, for 1 hour a night of absurd, wonderful humor so that I, too, can forget I am fighting stage 4 lung cancer. I don't need to see you ~ just have TMZ contact me for my phone number so I can thank you personally.

HumanNature

“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.” ― Warren Buffett

Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours. -Les Brown

Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, 'What's in it for me?' - Brian Tracy

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
- Dalai Lama

BRAVO CHARLIE SHEEN!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR LIVING YOUR "TRUTH"!!!!!

HumanNature

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. - Te***seh

david 183

Charlie has his issues like we all do. But he definitely has a thing for giving . That was an incredibly kind thing for him to do.

UNLV1990

Like all of us Charlie has some issues but Charlie has done a lot of great deeds for the less fortunate . Maybe we could remember the good before we judge people. It's too bad Charlie and Kim didn't work out, she is also a kind person.

Ruby Testarossa

Such a generous spirit - not just with money, but with time and attention. Beautiful story - thank you for printing it.

Annette

What he does with his personal life is his problem, but he shows again and again that he is a good guy at heart....I send him a big kiss from Germany....I hope he stays true to himself! Team Charlie!

Just My Opinion

I think that is wonderful. I know people that won't even help a family member out who is dying off cancer, or won't even come to see them..as in try their best to stay away from them, like they will catch it too. This guy wasn't even a member of Charlie's family. Charlie didn't have to do this, you know. What's in it for him? No money, that's for sure. God seen the good you did in making a drying man's wish com true, and you will be bless by God for it.

Black Adam

Uncle Charlie is Hilarious to me. No telling what he will do next because he's Bi-Polar........who knew Bi-Polar disorder could be so funny!!!!!!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Oh, sure, Charlie does so much for other people, unless they're his kids. Because getting right for your kids actually takes more than money, it takes effort.

Azi

Thanks Charlie......Happy Thanksgiving

Clyde T.M. Nestra

Very nice gesture, but I'm not sure all of Charlie's good works and donations get him off the hook for how effed up his twins are.

susiecreamcheese

Say what you will but Charlie has a good heart.

Bobo Frog

And that's why people love him. Despite how f'ed up his life is, he still seems like a cool guy to hang out with.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments