Paul Walker

Dead at 40

In Fiery Car Crash

11/30/2013 5:50 PM PST UPDATED: 11/30/2013 9:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1130_paul_walker_article_getty

Paul Walker -- best known for his role in "The Fast and the Furious" movies -- died Saturday afternoon after a single-car accident and explosion in Southern California ... TMZ has learned.

The accident happened in Santa Clarita -- north of Los Angeles -- and Paul was the passenger in the two-seater Porsche Carrera GT when the driver somehow lost control and slammed into a post or a tree ... and the car burst into flames.

Several of our sources -- some of whom were at the scene of the accident -- tell us a friend of Paul's was driving and was also killed in the fiery wreck.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launch
Cops say speed clearly played a major factor in the accident, but an exact cause has not been determined yet.

Paul was 40 years old. He leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow.

Paul's rep tells us he was in Santa Clarita for a car show -- organized by Paul and his charitable organization Reach Out Worldwide -- to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort.

Several of his friends were attending the event ... which was very near to where the deadly accident happened.

One of Paul's friends talked to a TMZ photographer ... describing the scene ... and his efforts to save Paul from the burning car.

113013_paul_walker_friend_launch
Paul took a pic with a fan at the event earlier on Saturday, and the guy posted it ... noting how happy Walker was just hours before the crash.

The fan added, "The world lost an angel in Paul. He dedicated so much of his life to helping disadvantaged kids and people who are in need. I'm gonna do whatever I can to keep Paul's goals for the charity alive."

1130_paul_walker_fan_twitter_picture_article_2

113013_paul_walker_launch

1130_remembering_paul_walker_gallery_sub_launch_getty

Bridget

This is really shocking. Love that guy. I'm watching "The Fast and the Furious" on tv, turned it to the news on commercial, and saw it on their news ticker. This is so sad. My sympathies to his family and friends. Rest in peace Paul. You will be missed.

Karl Childers

Celebrities and Porsches don't mix. So many of them have either gotten into an accident or killed in these cars.

Double Bubble

Very sad day indeed.

t

Theres a picture of the car on the internet after the firemen hosed it down...nothing left of the car...it hit a tree on a median strip...horrific crash picture...RIP Paul...

Sonia

So shock I didn't want to believe it, Paul u will be missed, fast & furious will not be the same, rest in peace

HLyWDgreg

I'm in shock! Actual news on this rag of a website, and on a Sat no less. Fast & Furious 7: Too Fast Too Soon.

Sheeple

It's now on Drudge Report; therefore, it's Obama's fault. Wait! Now on MSNBC.... it's Bush's fault.

Amber Olson

R.I.P PAUL WALKER. YOU WILL BE MISSED.

JustJenna

I'll never forget you Paul.

demoncat

hollywood has lost some one they should not have way before his time. . sympathy to Pauls friends and family for their untimely loss and also for those who his generostiy and giving really helped with his charity a giving angel got called to heaven too soon

ssss

OMG this is so sad... rip

BB not bb

Look at that empty parking lot. How fast could they have been driving there right next to an office building? if they hit a pole, it would have been a fender bender. How did a brand new Porsche just go out of control and then suddenly burst into flames? SABOTAGE.

Just like Kennedy Jr. and his girlfriend crashing in their plane and dying. If you don't go along with the program they will take you out. You can't be powerful and stand for good without someone trying to interfere.

BeckyBoo

I've been in love with Paul since I was 14, he was my first celebrity crush. I can't believe he's gone. My heart breaks for his family and his daughter.

wrx7182

If the driver wasn't acting like a moron, this would not have happened. The car was TOTALLED. No need to be going that fast, especially on the road where it happened. So sad, R.I.P Paul

Milk

Nooooooo!!! Vin really needs this film! That's the only franchise he's got people still care about. I bet he's pretty mad at Walker for being so selfish and dying before the movie is done filming. It's not too late to rename the film to The Fast and The Dead though (and it'll be a nice nod to the Raimi western the Quick and the Dead). It would also be a perfect way for the franchise to cash in an segue into the zombie genre. Put some Paul Walker look alike in a lot of makeup, all he has to do is grunt, job done. Nobody will be able to tell. I mean zombies AND fast cars? What's not to like.