Paul Walker

Dead at 40

In Fiery Car Crash

11/30/2013 5:50 PM PST UPDATED: 11/30/2013 9:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1130_paul_walker_article_getty

Paul Walker -- best known for his role in "The Fast and the Furious" movies -- died Saturday afternoon after a single-car accident and explosion in Southern California ... TMZ has learned.

The accident happened in Santa Clarita -- north of Los Angeles -- and Paul was the passenger in the two-seater Porsche Carrera GT when the driver somehow lost control and slammed into a post or a tree ... and the car burst into flames.

Several of our sources -- some of whom were at the scene of the accident -- tell us a friend of Paul's was driving and was also killed in the fiery wreck.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launch
Cops say speed clearly played a major factor in the accident, but an exact cause has not been determined yet.

Paul was 40 years old. He leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow.

Paul's rep tells us he was in Santa Clarita for a car show -- organized by Paul and his charitable organization Reach Out Worldwide -- to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort.

Several of his friends were attending the event ... which was very near to where the deadly accident happened.

One of Paul's friends talked to a TMZ photographer ... describing the scene ... and his efforts to save Paul from the burning car.

113013_paul_walker_friend_launch
Paul took a pic with a fan at the event earlier on Saturday, and the guy posted it ... noting how happy Walker was just hours before the crash.

The fan added, "The world lost an angel in Paul. He dedicated so much of his life to helping disadvantaged kids and people who are in need. I'm gonna do whatever I can to keep Paul's goals for the charity alive."

1130_paul_walker_fan_twitter_picture_article_2

113013_paul_walker_launch

1130_remembering_paul_walker_gallery_sub_launch_getty

Milk

Nooooooo!!! Vin really needs this film! That's the only franchise he's got people still care about. I bet he's pretty mad at Walker for being so selfish and dying before the movie is done filming. It's not too late to rename the film to The Fast and The Dead though (and it'll be a nice nod to the Raimi western the Quick and the Dead). It would also be a perfect way for the franchise to cash in an segue into the zombie genre. Put some Paul Walker look alike in a lot of makeup, all he has to do is grunt, job done. Nobody will be able to tell. I mean zombies AND fast cars? What's not to like.

susan

I cannot stop crying this is such a sudden and terrible loss

Leslie

I don't even know this person, but how horrible! That accident scene looks awful. Poor guy. My thoughts definitely go out to his family and friends, especially when the holidays are so close.

Marsha

I was hoping it was all an internet hoax. Sadly it was confirmed on the news. I will miss you Paul Walker. RIP............

Madam Obvious

There are photos of the wreckage of the car on buzzfeed.com Nobody could have survived that, it is a frightening, unholy mess. Jesus, very scary. What is it about Porsches and their propensity for bursting into flames?

Karma's a B.tch!

Sylvia Browne said that she see him and he was killed by fire

shanice

His poor daughter. Sending love to Meadow Walker, Paul's family and also his friend's.

Demi

This is scary. It is as of evil is taking over. R.I. P. beautiful Paul.... Such a cool , nice dude. What is going on?????? WHY???.

Karma's a B.tch!

Sylvia Browne said this is not a hoax he is there with her

Hillary

I am absolutely in total shock and dont have any idea what to say!! I just watched fast 6 the other day and now I am speechless.
May you R.I.P. Paul and my thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends and especially your daughter!!
You will be truly missed Paul!!

andy1mod

My bff Irene Bixby dated him on and off for 8 years and she is devastated. She kept it under the radar this whole time. They've been friends every since. We use to sit by the bonfire in SB and he was a cool dude. I hope he's in heaven. I thought they'd end up one day together.

susan

I cannot stop crying this is such a sudden and terrible loss

Marsha

I had hoped this was a hoax. Just confirmed on the news. You will be so missed for the light you were able to shine on so many people in need. God bless your precious daughter and the rest of your family. RIP

BB not bb

Cars don' suddenly just burst into flames, especially after just hitting a tree in a parking lot. Engine fires take a while to get going. That gas in the tank has to ignite. If Porsche made such cheap cars ,they would be sued out of business.

This is not just some random accident. The situation is just too convenient. They say all the stars in Hollywood have to join the illuminati or else. Is this why we have Miley and Justin suddenly acting so out of character? Maybe they are afraid for their lives.

If you have a good wholesome innocent image and get really popular, look out.

RichardToucher

The really sad thing is the coverage this site will give Paul over the next week. Probably less than 48 hours before whatever negative they can dig up will be coming out. My bet it starts with stories of out of control driving behavior on the FNF sets.