Paul Walker

Dead at 40

In Fiery Car Crash

11/30/2013 5:50 PM PST UPDATED: 11/30/2013 9:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1130_paul_walker_article_getty

Paul Walker -- best known for his role in "The Fast and the Furious" movies -- died Saturday afternoon after a single-car accident and explosion in Southern California ... TMZ has learned.

The accident happened in Santa Clarita -- north of Los Angeles -- and Paul was the passenger in the two-seater Porsche Carrera GT when the driver somehow lost control and slammed into a post or a tree ... and the car burst into flames.

Several of our sources -- some of whom were at the scene of the accident -- tell us a friend of Paul's was driving and was also killed in the fiery wreck.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launch
Cops say speed clearly played a major factor in the accident, but an exact cause has not been determined yet.

Paul was 40 years old. He leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow.

Paul's rep tells us he was in Santa Clarita for a car show -- organized by Paul and his charitable organization Reach Out Worldwide -- to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort.

Several of his friends were attending the event ... which was very near to where the deadly accident happened.

One of Paul's friends talked to a TMZ photographer ... describing the scene ... and his efforts to save Paul from the burning car.

113013_paul_walker_friend_launch
Paul took a pic with a fan at the event earlier on Saturday, and the guy posted it ... noting how happy Walker was just hours before the crash.

The fan added, "The world lost an angel in Paul. He dedicated so much of his life to helping disadvantaged kids and people who are in need. I'm gonna do whatever I can to keep Paul's goals for the charity alive."

1130_paul_walker_fan_twitter_picture_article_2

113013_paul_walker_launch

1130_remembering_paul_walker_gallery_sub_launch_getty

Previous 15 Comments | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40

Amsterdam

Live is not fear, the best goes always first.

anita

I love movies fast and the furious oh my god I am sorry for paul walker wow oh my god I know about fast and the furious seven but too later right ? I miss paul walker 's movie fast and the furious seven

Claudia

I am devastad . And need news

bundy

Life is a test my father always said. On his death bed he asked me if he was a good father. I said yes of course. He said that he's passed his test. You passed yours Paul. Your devotion to your family and daughter has said it all. You left your mark here and it'll be passed through generations. Have a safe trip Paul and we'll all miss you. Thank you by the way ;)

Галина

Мне очень жаль Пола Уокера((( Я полюбила все его фильмы))) Форсаж больше не будет таким классным((((Я грущу , жаль что мы потеряли такого зачетного АКТЕРА((((

ride or die

Love the movies rip miss u

ride or die

Love the movies rip miss u

leakydun

Rip Paul god bless!!!!

Kayla

R.I.P. Paul Walker.

MRSLOCS

**R.I.P PAUL WALKER** we love u and miss u

Rip Paul walker

RIP Paul😭 u were one of my inspirations of my acting dream job I hope ur in a better place😔

Sue Ann Woodard

It's been a month now and I still can't believe he's gone forever. He was a great Actor and Person, I just watch his latest movie F&F 6. It made me sad to know I'll never see him in movies again, He will be missed greatly. R.I.P Paul and know your in my heart and mind always.

KASULE ZULIMANIAKA

SITS TOO BAD FOR PAUL WALKER. MAY HE PEST IN INTERNAL PEACE

Mr Barcliff

THATS THE TRIPPY THING ABOUT LIFE("TRIPPY", QUOTE FROM PULP FICTION), YOU REALLY HAVE NO CLUE WHEN THE END COMES OR IS COMING THAT IS JUST LIKE NONE OF US HAD NO CLUE WHEN OUR BEGINNING, WOULD BEGIN. IN BETWEEN, TRULY MATTERS. I MEAN, IT REALLY DOES. SO, IF SAD, TRY TO FIND SOME SENSE OF HAPPINESS OR SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT BECAUSE, MONEY DOESNT SAVE US, NONE OF US FROM THE GRIM REAPER, SIMILAR TO THE MOVIE "FINAL DESTINATION" THE DAY BEFORE OUR LAST BREATH IS THE NEXT DAY, THE SECOND BEFORE OUR LAST BREATH IS THE NEXT SECOND AND WE CANT CONTROL IT. SEEING PAUL AND OTHERS WHO ARE GONE JUST REMINDS ME THAT, EVERYDAY IS A GIFT!!!! R.I.P PAUL AND TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE NO LONGER ALIVE AND TO THOSE WITH LIFE IN YOU, STOP STRESSING ON THINGS AND FIND SOME RAINBOW IN THE CLOUDS OF YOUR MIND AND PUSH FOR EVERYDAY SUNSHINE!!!! LGNM(LOVE.GOD.NOT.MONEY)

Previous 15 Comments | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40