Paul Walker

Dead at 40

In Fiery Car Crash

11/30/2013 5:50 PM PST UPDATED: 11/30/2013 9:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1130_paul_walker_article_getty

Paul Walker -- best known for his role in "The Fast and the Furious" movies -- died Saturday afternoon after a single-car accident and explosion in Southern California ... TMZ has learned.

The accident happened in Santa Clarita -- north of Los Angeles -- and Paul was the passenger in the two-seater Porsche Carrera GT when the driver somehow lost control and slammed into a post or a tree ... and the car burst into flames.

Several of our sources -- some of whom were at the scene of the accident -- tell us a friend of Paul's was driving and was also killed in the fiery wreck.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launch
Cops say speed clearly played a major factor in the accident, but an exact cause has not been determined yet.

Paul was 40 years old. He leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow.

Paul's rep tells us he was in Santa Clarita for a car show -- organized by Paul and his charitable organization Reach Out Worldwide -- to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort.

Several of his friends were attending the event ... which was very near to where the deadly accident happened.

One of Paul's friends talked to a TMZ photographer ... describing the scene ... and his efforts to save Paul from the burning car.

113013_paul_walker_friend_launch
Paul took a pic with a fan at the event earlier on Saturday, and the guy posted it ... noting how happy Walker was just hours before the crash.

The fan added, "The world lost an angel in Paul. He dedicated so much of his life to helping disadvantaged kids and people who are in need. I'm gonna do whatever I can to keep Paul's goals for the charity alive."

1130_paul_walker_fan_twitter_picture_article_2

113013_paul_walker_launch

1130_remembering_paul_walker_gallery_sub_launch_getty

Mariah Delaro

I live in Santa Clarita Valley and I passed by the accident scene earlier but no freaking way knew Paul Walker was involved. OMG.

pmn

Good thing he didn't star in Gone in 60 Seconds or else this message board would be filled with inappropriate jokes by trolls

sunny ramlagan

my parents knew him when he was a kid going with his dad to 7-11 in Sunland. my dad remembers when his dad told him one day he is going to be a famous actor. And my dad started laughing. but at the end he was a great actor and we will be missed dearly. from Kishore and Gloria Ramlagan R.I.P

Margareth HS

I'm soooo Shocked!!!
My heart goes out to his family and friends.
RIP Paul Walker 3 :'(

Andrea

What the hell is the matter with you people?!?! Why would you post pictures of a fiery car wreck?!?! You are awful!!!

bourbs

Shook me to hear this. Too young. RIP

Jack

Must have hit the NOS button too early.

sari

THE RIP PAGE

Monica

I loved all your movies! R.I.P. Paul.....

cheryl_mae

is it true?how sad

amanda

Was the tree OK?

Justin Stalder

RIP PAUL YOU WERE ONE OF MY FAVORITE ACTORS AND WILL BE DEEPLY MISSED.

Brandon

I'll believe this when I see a body that can be connected to Paul Walkers DNA.This is TMZ and their a whole bunch of pranksters so this could be a big joke. Plus I seen these kind of things on the internet a whole bunch of time this has happened to my wife Katy Perry & Bruce Campbell has had this happen to him. To me this is bull**** and it's pathetic that you believe it.

saul

Wow! Talk about tragic irony :(

AdNANsKI

Yo he was the main character in fast and FURIOS the main main character vin diesel to was the main character but he was more now no more fast and FURIOS he died he was passenger but his friend was driving his car exploded in new york in a tree he crashed I think next to a hotel I feel so sorry I miss him **** he is really good