Paul Walker

Dead at 40

In Fiery Car Crash

11/30/2013 5:50 PM PST UPDATED: 11/30/2013 9:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1130_paul_walker_article_getty

Paul Walker -- best known for his role in "The Fast and the Furious" movies -- died Saturday afternoon after a single-car accident and explosion in Southern California ... TMZ has learned.

The accident happened in Santa Clarita -- north of Los Angeles -- and Paul was the passenger in the two-seater Porsche Carrera GT when the driver somehow lost control and slammed into a post or a tree ... and the car burst into flames.

Several of our sources -- some of whom were at the scene of the accident -- tell us a friend of Paul's was driving and was also killed in the fiery wreck.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launch
Cops say speed clearly played a major factor in the accident, but an exact cause has not been determined yet.

Paul was 40 years old. He leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow.

Paul's rep tells us he was in Santa Clarita for a car show -- organized by Paul and his charitable organization Reach Out Worldwide -- to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort.

Several of his friends were attending the event ... which was very near to where the deadly accident happened.

One of Paul's friends talked to a TMZ photographer ... describing the scene ... and his efforts to save Paul from the burning car.

113013_paul_walker_friend_launch
Paul took a pic with a fan at the event earlier on Saturday, and the guy posted it ... noting how happy Walker was just hours before the crash.

The fan added, "The world lost an angel in Paul. He dedicated so much of his life to helping disadvantaged kids and people who are in need. I'm gonna do whatever I can to keep Paul's goals for the charity alive."

1130_paul_walker_fan_twitter_picture_article_2

113013_paul_walker_launch

1130_remembering_paul_walker_gallery_sub_launch_getty

Justin Stalder

RIP PAUL YOU WERE ONE OF MY FAVORITE ACTORS AND WILL BE DEEPLY MISSED.

Brandon

I'll believe this when I see a body that can be connected to Paul Walkers DNA.This is TMZ and their a whole bunch of pranksters so this could be a big joke. Plus I seen these kind of things on the internet a whole bunch of time this has happened to my wife Katy Perry & Bruce Campbell has had this happen to him. To me this is bull**** and it's pathetic that you believe it.

saul

Wow! Talk about tragic irony :(

AdNANsKI

Yo he was the main character in fast and FURIOS the main main character vin diesel to was the main character but he was more now no more fast and FURIOS he died he was passenger but his friend was driving his car exploded in new york in a tree he crashed I think next to a hotel I feel so sorry I miss him **** he is really good

Thcdisc

This just shows you how precious life is. Prayers go out to his family. Sad day

Savvy-Stacy

People are saying it's a hoax. He is too young to die! RIP Paul.

Ricardo Oliveira

Descansa em paz!

antoinette merchant

OMG SO SAD RIP MY PRAY TO THE FAMILY LOVE YOU

Robo

Paul William Walker IV . Just turned 40 on September 12. Born in Glendale, California. Net Worth lists his worth at $25 million. A model and also did The Young and The Restless soap. Also had roles in Pleasantville (1998), Into The Blue (2005), Eight Below (2006). Currently on the National Geographic series "Expedition Great White". RIP, Paul and unknown driver or passenger.

Ashley

i think this is fake .but I love paul walker i am huge fan of him

drew

R.I.P Paul

debi jenkins

I loved him in joyride so sorry to family and friends...what a loss hugs to all....RIP paul

GLORIA MARTINEZ

R.I P

SillyPutty

People keep pointing to that link saying it's a hoax but here's what the link says.
Paul Walker’s death in Valencia on Saturday November 30, 2013 has now been confirmed: the actor best known for his roles in The Fast and the Furious or Varsity Blues died at 40.

Aisha

His rep confirmed he is alive and well ... Boo tmz you are a whore ...