Paul Walker Crash

Cause Of Death Revealed

Trauma and Burn Injuries

12/4/2013 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1203-paul-walker-roger-facebook-coroner
Paul Walker died from the combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries sustained from the Nov. 30 car crash ... this according to the L.A. County Coroner's Office.

Translation -- Paul did not die from the impact of the crash alone. He burned to death after the Porsche GT crashed into a tree and a pole and exploded into flames.

The man who was driving the Porsche GT, Roger Rodas, died from multiple traumatic injuries suffered upon impact. Burning was not listed as a factor in his death.

The coroner says toxicology results for both men will be available in 6 to 8 weeks.

The Medical Examiner says both deaths have been ruled as an accident.

Sources in the coroner's office tell us ... both men were positively ID'd by using dental records.

Walker and Rodas were killed Saturday in Santa Clarita, CA when the Porsche GT they were in veered off the road, slammed into a pole and exploded in flames.  The cause of that crash is still under investigation.

Paul was 40. Rodas was 38.

Melanie Mata

I saw a lady burn to death back in 2010. I did not know the actor but this hits me really hard. I'm really sad...its horrible that a good man, one who has charity, and one who kept his private life PRIVATE had died. Kim kardashian also held a charity event but kept 90% of the procceeds... she's horrible and people like her should of died. R.I.P. may your soul be with God

asskicker1986

RIP Paul. I was really hoping you didnt suffer.

asskicker1986

RIP Paul. I was really hoping both you and Roger didn't suffer.

Natacha

Nooooooo.... Hopefully he didn't feel it and was unconscious from the impact... : ''(

cb2013

Who knows what could have been if his friend had gotten Paul out. Now that we all know, can we just let him rest and let his friends and family grieve?

Enthalpy

terrible way to go out. hopefully he was unconscious

Westcoastin

Why do you dummies keep saying the car exploded when it didnt?

paul a.

An "accident" is when something unpreventable and unforeseen happens. This was no accident.

Byronious Fridonious

Our tax dollars be wasted for what reason? Who needed more evidence as to the cause of death than burning car that is wrapped around a tree !!

Theresa

Stupid info TMZ... If they did not die on impact . They burned to death. I think everyone knows that.

Truth

WOW. That's some real "news".

Gill

I hope he was at least unconcious and not aware of what was happening :(

fresera

Yesterday it was reported that the car didn't go up in flames immediately after the crash. There was about a 60 second gap between the crash and the fire, which means that if Paul did die from being burned, he was presumably, at the very least, unconscious . But TMZ's translation is really the salt to the wound the Walker family needs right now. You can always count on these d-bags...

Jscott

Sad that he went this way but hitting a pole at 180mph+ . It's easy to believe the Trauma did him in.. too bad his friend made a poor decision going so fast.

greenie

This breaks my heart, hurts my soul and makes me feel sick to my stomach all at the same time. :( This really makes me call a lot of 'divine' things into question. How could such a giving soul receive such a traumatic, horrifyingly, nightmarish end? Burning to death has to be one of the worst possible ways ever to die. I pray with all my heart and soul through my spirit that this man is peacefully at rest in Heaven and able to look down and see what a positive impact he had on the world, and that he really was loved and will be mourned and missed. So, so tragic. :(