Paul Walker Crash

Cause Of Death Revealed

Trauma and Burn Injuries

12/4/2013 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1203-paul-walker-roger-facebook-coroner
Paul Walker died from the combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries sustained from the Nov. 30 car crash ... this according to the L.A. County Coroner's Office.

Translation -- Paul did not die from the impact of the crash alone. He burned to death after the Porsche GT crashed into a tree and a pole and exploded into flames.

The man who was driving the Porsche GT, Roger Rodas, died from multiple traumatic injuries suffered upon impact. Burning was not listed as a factor in his death.

The coroner says toxicology results for both men will be available in 6 to 8 weeks.

The Medical Examiner says both deaths have been ruled as an accident.

Sources in the coroner's office tell us ... both men were positively ID'd by using dental records.

Walker and Rodas were killed Saturday in Santa Clarita, CA when the Porsche GT they were in veered off the road, slammed into a pole and exploded in flames.  The cause of that crash is still under investigation.

Paul was 40. Rodas was 38.

Dead@27

How can they be sure it wasn't a murder-suicide ?

Tracie

Just the worst possible way to go. I hate that their families have had to witness footage of their passing in the way that they did. For everyone to say what a lovely guy he was, he didn't deserve that ending. Neither of them did. RIP.

Kabala

I hope the impact knocked him unconscious - what a horrific way to go...

ABluthBanana

Or translation: There wasn't enough soft tissue left for the coroner to sufficiently determine the exact cause of death. As for the driver, he must have had some trauma that was blatantly obvious like decapitation or a severed spinal column or he showed no evidence of internal thermal damage in his lungs or other soft tissues, meaning he never took a breath while the fire was burning.

billybob

Maybe he enjoyed it anyway?

squeekers

on this video posted right after crash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R976MdhNhg at .18 seconds you can see a head moving around. i pray thats not it but others have speculated same thing. looks like someone trying to get out.. the results i hope doesnt mean he was but this video looks like he was

melanielanderson@live.com

speed kills plain and simple.

Sonny

That was pretty much a no brainer.

tmzer

yeah. bad af. i just clocked the sec footage of the other angle and gmaps. they hit the pole with ~75 and the tree with some ~50. :/

Q

this is so sad to know that when his friends tried to and wanted to pull him out and couldn't that he was still alive. They said he was unconscious when they got there, so hoping that he was unconscious the whole time. I was really hoping that he was dead on impact and didn't feel anything. Now I hope that he was never awake after the crash happened.

KenzieQ

woah my heart goes out to his family hearing this news :(

Yak

Whoa, I didn't see that coming. Trauma and burns? Who knew that could possibly happen in a high speed fiery car crash. Thank the lord for the coroner. I was suspecting cancer or maybe a bad case of the flu.

vanessa

Los Angeles County Coroner's Assistant Chief Ed Winter said the men died "within seconds" of the crash.

anonymous

this just breaks my heart. Those poor men and how scary. I didn't know them, but it's ok to be compassionate here. RIP dudes. You'll surely be missed by those that loved you most.

jilly

When I found out he died, the one thing I asked God, and prayed for from God was that he died instantly with no pain.. This breaks my heart beyond anything knowing he suffered, and what's worse, that now his family knows this. My heart is broken for Paul Walker and his family.