Paul Walker Crash

Cause Of Death Revealed

Trauma and Burn Injuries

12/4/2013 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1203-paul-walker-roger-facebook-coroner
Paul Walker died from the combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries sustained from the Nov. 30 car crash ... this according to the L.A. County Coroner's Office.

Translation -- Paul did not die from the impact of the crash alone. He burned to death after the Porsche GT crashed into a tree and a pole and exploded into flames.

The man who was driving the Porsche GT, Roger Rodas, died from multiple traumatic injuries suffered upon impact. Burning was not listed as a factor in his death.

The coroner says toxicology results for both men will be available in 6 to 8 weeks.

The Medical Examiner says both deaths have been ruled as an accident.

Sources in the coroner's office tell us ... both men were positively ID'd by using dental records.

Walker and Rodas were killed Saturday in Santa Clarita, CA when the Porsche GT they were in veered off the road, slammed into a pole and exploded in flames.  The cause of that crash is still under investigation.

Paul was 40. Rodas was 38.

marni

I think the cause of death for PW was obvious -it's clear from that horrendous video that a person 's head is jerking around-likely their legs or ankles were broken with the impact so they couldn't move to get out of the car -I only pray that shock set in and they weren't in pain long-how horrible for the families that this video exists ...

GhostofYou

I'm curious to who was driving. They could have switched places at any point before the crash, since they were testing the car to find the issue wrong with it.

Ibonibo

This is so sad.

My deepest condolenscenes to his family and friends,
RIP Paul.

You have made a whole generation passionate about cars, you surely did for me. You were a genuine nice person, stories floating around now just further prove this point.

I hope you now drive your R34GTT with a VR38DETT around Heaven Road Course.

A great soul Earth has lost again. God got confused again

Mike

The next time a high school or college guy gets in the back seat of a high performance car owned by a so called "cool kid" he shouldn't hesitate to tell the driver .... LET ME OUT OF THIS CAR RIGHT NOW ... if he starts driving like a maniac and speeding, etc.

Just whip out your cell phone and have someone pick you up. No big deal.

Who freakin cares if the driver and other people in the car call you a whoosie or whatever. If your so called "friends" expect you to risk your life riding in the back seat of a maniac driver's car in order to be in their little "clique" then IT JUST ISN'T WORTH IT.

Find some new friends. Tell them to go FUQ themselves or tell them to drive even faster and take more risks WITHOUT you in the car. Then it's THEIR AZZ on the line.

If your friends said you aren't cool if you don't jump off a tall building with them would you do it? Tell those types of fuggers to do it on their own. You only get ONE life you know.

Flashboy789

His daughter should sue Porsche for $19 billion.

Flashboy789

I am Streetracer.

Our motto is: Better dead than slow.

ketjo

I say bullshyt on your story just stirring up the ants again...they were dead on impact as in Dead ...and then 3 second later the car blew up...your own video shows that ! they didn't burn alive ! and couldn't have survived anything if people had been able to pull them out because the were dead...What part of that don't you understand....You are just stringing this out for every little ounce of hits you can get....
Enough already......You are like hyena's fighting to get the last little shred of flesh left on the body.....Souless and without feelings what so ever.....

Dead@27

We stopped short did a double take
He was lookin' so fly I thought I wasn't awake
He was obviously hooking up bass I assumed
Then he turned the little button
and the car went BOOM!
We like the cars...The cars that go BOOM!

Keifus E Mathews

Sad way to leave this earth....Paul was a good soul and always took time to say hello to people on the set, extra's fans...EVERYONE!! He was very grounded and NEVER acted like he was HOLLYWOOD!! Prayers going out to the family....Sigh*

wrx7182

This makes the story all the more tragic. Maybe Paul could have been saved. The whole event is just so very sad, the entire thing could have been prevented.

WickedOne

His death was caused by wreckless speed.

cmn

THANKS FOR THE "TRANSLATION" TMZ! Doing anything you can to make things more sensational. Like the average layman couldnt figure that out from the report. Wheres the "WE BROKE THE STORY" throughout the article? Yall are sooooo cool. I wish I could chase people around all day and report where they ate, what Lindsay Lohan is doing or what the latest is with the Kardashians. Losers

gossip_woman

that is so horrific,my condolences to his family and friends. that is a awful way to die. may he Rip.

AlwaysOnTimeB

It just breaks my heart to read this. I truly hope that he wasn't concious in his last moments. I feel so bad for his daughter and family. Just a horrific, preventable death. Sounds like Roger pretty much died on impact, and even though he was behind the wheel, I still feel bad for what happened to him as well, and for his young son.

footballfan

I'm gonna still believe, because it's easier that way, that he went unconscious immediately on impact and didn't feel any pain. It is a BIG possibility that is what actually happened.