Paul Walker Crash

Cause Of Death Revealed

Trauma and Burn Injuries

12/4/2013 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1203-paul-walker-roger-facebook-coroner
Paul Walker died from the combined effects of traumatic and thermal injuries sustained from the Nov. 30 car crash ... this according to the L.A. County Coroner's Office.

Translation -- Paul did not die from the impact of the crash alone. He burned to death after the Porsche GT crashed into a tree and a pole and exploded into flames.

The man who was driving the Porsche GT, Roger Rodas, died from multiple traumatic injuries suffered upon impact. Burning was not listed as a factor in his death.

The coroner says toxicology results for both men will be available in 6 to 8 weeks.

The Medical Examiner says both deaths have been ruled as an accident.

Sources in the coroner's office tell us ... both men were positively ID'd by using dental records.

Walker and Rodas were killed Saturday in Santa Clarita, CA when the Porsche GT they were in veered off the road, slammed into a pole and exploded in flames.  The cause of that crash is still under investigation.

Paul was 40. Rodas was 38.

Denise

The way I read it, blunt force trauma probably left him near death and unconscious. It's doubtful he'd have made it out of that no matter what, but maybe he lived a few seconds more. His poor family. What a horrible loss for the world. A beautiful man, inside and out.

Amanda

It's sad to say this, and in all honesty, I really don't know, but by the looks of the video and taking a logical guess, he was conscious and did burn alive. It's a very devastating tragedy. If you watch the video that was recorded right after the accident, you can clearly see someone struggling in the fire. People were wondering who it could be, but as of this report, it appears to have been Paul. He may have suffered, but not for long. As many people and reports say, people rushed to the scene as fast as possible, and were able to say he was unconscious. Well it doesn't take long for you to lose conscious after breathing in all that smoke, let alone to be completely set of fire and go into shock. In the end, it really doesn't matter, because there's nothing anyone could do. You can't just say, because of the wreck he was knocked out, or if there wasn't a burst of flames, he probably wouldn't of lived anyways. I've seen crashes before, without the fire, like this, and people survive. It was meant to be however he died. He was a great man and a huge loss to many individuals around the world. I don't mean to be so harsh. I have a high level of respect for Paul. I've been obsessed with him for over 10 years. I'm the typical woman to say, "OMG Paul Walker is so f**king sexy." However, just like me, people need to understand this is how the world works. Besides Paul being as good looking as he was, for anyone to pass like that is tragic. You can't blame his buddy either. They were best friends, and he was a good driver. The car simply had mechanical failure, that neither of them could of predicted. People should just stay focused on hoping and praying for both Paul's daughter, and Rogers family as well. I read a report of him having an 8 year old son. May they both rest in peace!! <3

Toilethead

What the hell did you expect he died from? Complications of pregnancy?

CrowGirl

God, I can only pray that he wasn't conscious and it didnt last long. Just when you think that it couldn't get any worse.

bUTTERFLYKISSES

I aw the video of the crash, i thought i saw someone's head moving around in the flames with an arm up. I was hoping it was just my bad eyesight. To hear this news it just makes me sick! No one deserves to die like that. Heartbreaking.

virginieL

It's very sad, but these two men are responsible of their death.

Mike

People really want to believe he was killed instantly, but unfortunately it is far too easy for a coroner to tell the cause of death. Coroners analyze the lungs. If they are burned, it means the individual was breathing during the fire (and hence, still alive). If they are not burned, it means they were dead before the fire. He was likely unconscious very quickly from the looks of the accident, so any suffering was probably quite short. People die. It isn't always pretty, especially when making choices like these two made.

NANCY

If people have nothing nice to say, then they should shut up, no one knows if it was a faulty car, obviously they weren't street racing bcuz no other cars were involved. Paul Walker was the most un-hollywood celeb out there, that's why he was never in the tabloids. he was not only a pretty face that was beautiful to look at, he was a damn good actor and used his fame for good things, like charity work, unlike most celebs. I sure will miss him, he MADE the fast and furious movies, they should be stopped as they would never be the same without him...I cannot believe that cruel people out there are saying that these men got what they deserved, they were fathers and meant the world to a ton of people. I myself do not believe the driver screwed up, both of them were professionals so please dont say disrespectful things about either one of them. Paul Walker, you will be missed by many, wish you beautiful face, beautiful soul, and beautiful heart could still be here today, helping all those people you helped thru your charity, and lighting up the screens at the movies, and for your family, especially your daughter. MISS U 4EVER

NANCY

Bev

I'm hoping he was unconscious when the fire got him. Hopefully didn't feel anything.

RealityBites

I'm sorry he died such a horrible death but I'm really sick of hearing about this already

Livy

"Paul did not die from the impact of the crash alone. He burned to death". It is not clear enough? If he was unconscious doesn't mean he was not burned to death. This is a terrible way to dead... I'm so sorry for him... I hope he is now in a best place.

Yes, I'm That Leah

@dumb Coroner

Make it plain! You po*.

You make it sound like Paul was aware that he was on fire.
You know good and darn well that his brain was off! You could have released a statement saying that Paul ingested smoke merely because his heart was pumping, and that's why he technically burned alive. This could have been a learning lesson for all, but you'd rather give people nightmares about car accidents.

unconscious= just like death
sleep= not like death, brain is still working (dreams)

Babee92

Finding out that Paul was burned alive is the worst News ever , i didn't know him but i am a huge Fan of him and Fast and Furious actors and i was praying so when the autopsy came out to show that Paul was already died before he got burned i'm very sad to hear this Fast and Furious will never be the same and hope and Pray that he doesn't get cut off on the new one =( , Please God Give his Family and Friends the strength to get past this tragedy .

GQ

I can even image the pain people that knew Paul must be going through!! My thoughts and prayers go to the family and friends.

This has given me anxiety attacks... I had an accident .. under the seat of a car I was driving a fire started. There were about 5 of us in the car. The car filled with smoke really quickly as the guys in the back tried to put the fire out, we couldn't breath. I could not see the edge of the road and had to guess by pulling over and hitting the brakes hard, but hit a pole, down one side of the car.

I jumped out and tried to open the other back door but the lock was broken, I went to the other side of the car but this was damaged by the accident, and I had force open the door.

We all got out!! (thank god)

The car went up really quickly and the flames were up to the power lines. The metal wire frame of the seats had melted like candle wax. A bottle in the car melted as flat as an ash-tray.

I guess we had just over a minute to get out.

We were at the end of the street we lived in, so (stupidly) I ran to get an extinguisher but by the time I got back everyone was standing well away from the car. The heat was so intense!

The only words anyone there could say can't be repeated!!!!