Amanda Bynes

Life After Rehab

Enrolls In Fashion School

12/6/2013 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1205_amanda_bynes_fidm_article_splashnewsonline
Amanda Bynes is wasting no time trying to rebuild her life after rehab ... and plans to hit the books at a private design school because she wants to become a fashion designer, TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Amanda tell us she's enrolled as a student at FIDM -- the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising -- registering under an alias for 2 classes at the Orange County campus.

As we reported ... Amanda was sprung from rehab in Malibu last week and released to her parents' care. She was being treated for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

We're told ... the people close to Amanda believe school will help ease her back into society by giving her some sort of structure for her life.  She's taking a light class load -- by design -- and will be escorted to and from her classes.

We're also told ... the treatment that began in rehab will continue during the school year ... Amanda will juggle her classes with 4-times-a-week therapy sessions.

1204_amanda_bynes_through_the_years_footer

Rosylicious

You guys seriously need to back off and leave her alone.

gbtw

LEAVE HER ALONE, YOU PIECES OF GARBAGE! Let her try to find some sense of normalcy in her life.

gmarie

i think we should be 'nice' to this girl, respect some privacey ?????? ya you TMZ , maybe even 'ask' for a few words with her OR ask nicely if she has any comments she'd like to make ???? DO NOT invade her parent's neighborhood OR HER SPACE for FK's sake.....

gmarie

YO HARVEY ...ya you!!! do the 'right thing' ! Don't matter if others DONT 'do the right thing" !!! YOU DO the right thing..period. u wanna interview with her, talk to her mother, she might release an 'exclusive' to you if u wouldn't act like VULTURES ya you Harvey...."do the right thing" PERIOD

w

Good for her, I wish her the best

Kanga30

The people saying Pot was used to self medicate and didn't " cause " her schizophrenia, are correct that it didn't cause it. But pot, especially smoked in large quantities can trigger schizophrenia in a person who is genetically predisposed to the disease. She will always have it as there is no cure. Also if she goes off her meds, she will suffer another psychotic break.

lalalalalalaa

They should seriously leave her alone and let her get on with her life. No wonder people attack these filthy paps or bitch about them online, they literally have no boundaries.

jenny

I think it's very hard for her being diagnosed with mental illnesses,she young and must feel theres a stigma on her,she can make it only if she stays on her meds and continues with life long help

jenny

I hope she does great in her fashion courses shes making good choices for her future

Joey Boots

happy to hear this - wish her well in her recovery/management of her mental illness - it's not a shameful thing to be mentally ill just as it's not shameful to have cancer or any other disease that is not necessarily a persons fault for contracting.

MrJoeBanks

Am I the only one who cracked up?

LettheNamesJoseandMariabe#1onTop

I remember when,
I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place
Even your emotions have an echo in so much space

And when you're out there without care
Yeah, I was out of touch
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
I just knew too much

Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Possibly

And I hope that you are
Having the time of your life
But think twice
That's my only advice

Come on now, who do you
Who do you, who do you, who do you think you are?
Ha ha ha, bless your soul
You really think you're in control?

Well, I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
Just like me

My heroes had the heart
To live their lives out on a limb
And all I remember
Is thinking, I want to be like them

Ever since I was little
Ever since I was little
It looked like fun
And it's no coincidence I've come
And I can die when I'm done

But maybe I'm crazy
Maybe you're crazy
Maybe we're crazy
Probably

TheFan

Amanda. I'm truly sorry for what you are and have gone through with your diagnoses and very horrifically public troubles. We can only imagine. I wish you to be able to take control of it and find your balance. I also wish you lots of love, hugs and support around you. Hugs!

Kerr Avon

I hope rehab got the crazy out.

Andrea

I wonder if she regrets getting those facial piercings? I see they are gone now… probably wasn't allowed to have them in rehab. The scarring of the face is terrible after taking those out.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4