Original 'Sound of Music' Actress

Live Special Was 'Painful to Watch'

12/6/2013 7:57 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1206-kym-karath2
Gretl Von Trapp from the original "The Sound of Music" movie was left "mystified and disappointed" after last night's live remake on NBC ... and says Carrie Underwood TOTALLY BOMBED!!

Gretl a.k.a. Kym Karath met up with former co-star Charmian Carr (Liesl Von Trapp) to watch the special last night ... but their excitement deflated once "Sound" started.

1206-subasset-charmian-carr
During the special Kym tweeted, "Mystified & disappointed so far by SOM special. So far only happy with Stephen Moyer" ... then followed up by saying, "Must admit some scenes are actually painful to watch."

That's when Karath kicked things up a notch by roasting Underwood's performance adding, "Love Carrie Underwood but this role is just not right for her. She is lovely her voice is beautiful but acting is wrong."

For what it's worth ... the special brought in HUGE ratings for NBC with 18.5 million viewers.

Alicia

TOTALLY DISAGREE. Loved it!

Tamr

Nasty has-been bitches have no room to talk. They wouldn't have the talent to do a live production for three hours. Bitter old, loser hags.

CU did the best she could do." Ignore them CU, haters gonna' hate".

Raymond

I see these two women on Broadway & television all the time, so we'll certainly take their opinions to heart...
...NOT! (lol)

Raymond

I see these two actresses on Broadway & television all the time, so we're sure to take their opinions to heart...
...NOT! (lol)

drjackbrown

Nonverbal Communication Analysis No. 2632: "The Sound of Music", Carrie Underwood and a Key Body Language Limiting Element

Ratings Needed

Sounds like some 'green eyes' & no matter who was in it they would say the same thing. Jealousy is an illness ladies, get over yourselves you had your 'time' now it's someone elses.

Joan K

Wow be careful what you say if you didn't totally love Underwood's performance , everyone has an opinion and should be able to say how they thought she did, get over yourselves Underwood fans.

billyk

I doubt the former child actor is really the one to critique the show. Julie Andrews set the example of class when she offered her support. Even is she hated it she wouldn't cut CU down.

Chris

Kym Karath who?? I thought Carrie Underwood did a great job. Her singing was perfect, her acting was entertaining and overall I really liked the production. The difference is Ms. Karath doesn't know the difference between a live performance on stage and a movie.

Chris

Kym Karath who?? I think Carrie Underwood did fine, her voice is beautiful. She's a singer not an actress, so she tried something different. I thought it was a wonderful live production and in no way can be compared to the movie that was made 90 years ago. It was a wonderfully entertaining FAMILY show to watch. My kids would never seat through The sound of Music, but since they know who Carrie Underwood is and could relate to her, they sat through the whole production. Good Job!!

Kesie

Can we Take a minute to say the Stage show was an Amazing idea and had they used someone with a little more acting experience this would have been Amazing! Maybe they will put a little more thought in to casting "Newbies" next to some Seasoned stage actors. Personally I hope this leads to bringing more of Broadway to TV!

rkhicks

Frankly, I loved it...and I have seen other versions. I expected things would be different and their own special version and it was.

emily howell

What in earth are these people fussing about? I watched the performance of Carrie singing My favorite things. I think she did a faboulous job. All you "cre*****" get on stage and perform live. What ever, shame on you for comparing Carrie to Julie, they are not the same and don't sound the same. Oh wait who else in the world sounds like Julie Andrews??? NO ONE. Give the girl a break. We all love the original, with Julie Andrews, and have wonderful memories of the original. It was a wonderful play. However, Carrie wasn't trying to be Julie. Why are you putting her in that position? She only wanted to play the part as herself, not Julie. Again shame on you.

zigazaga

I remember her.

zigazaga

http://google.com is the place to be