Kanye West

BLASTED BY OHIO POLICE CHIEF

How Dare You Compare Yourself to Cops!

12/12/2013 10:31 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1212-chief-david-oliver-ap-2-articleA police chief in Ohio is GOING OFF on Kanye West -- tearing the guy apart for comparing himself to cops and soldiers ... saying Kanye has NO CLUE about the real dangers they face.

The cop with the beef is Brimfield Police Chief David Oliver ... who says he was listening when Kanye told a media outlet that he puts his life on the line at his rap concerts ... just like cops and soldiers.

Chief Oliver was so angry, he posted an open letter to West on the department's Facebook page ... saying, "You sir, are as misguided as they come."

The majority of the letter is dripping in sarcasm, mocking Kanye for the ridiculous comparison:

"Since you are accustomed to danger, from your life as an international rapper, I am strongly encouraging you immediately abandon you career as a super star and join the military."

"After joining, I would like you to volunteer to be deployed in Afghanistan or one of the numerous other forward locations where our men an women are currently serving. When the Taliban starts shooting at you, perhaps you could stand up and let the words flow."

"I’m sure they would just drop weapons and surrender. You could quite possibly end all wars, just from the enemy being star-struck."

The letter ends, "What I do not get is you EVER comparing what you do for a living to our heroic military members, who are always in harm’s way… and my brother and sister police officers who have to go to work carrying weapons and wearing a bullet-proof vest to protect themselves."

"Check yourself, before you wreck yourself….Chief Oliver."

120913_kanye_west_polcie_compare_launch

oceanxboi

Thank You Chief Oliver for putting this self absorbed delusional rapper in his place : )

Lakeviewboy

Kryyeah --- what sup with your lower teeth? They look like vampire work. Do you bite people with them or just rant about what your needs and how people should respect s*** for what it is?

klepp0906

what do you mean? he works hard for his weekly check. not like he makes 25,000.00 an hour or anything. Being attacked by vicious scantily clad groupies wielding bottles of cristal and carrying coach bags is serious bitniss! You do realize that he has to drive in a car capable of doing 200 mph right? not exactly safe! and what if he were to drown in his in ground pool? Don't even get me started on the spiral staircases!!!

g wiznip kanyedizzle!

genny

he does put his life on the line. There are probably those who are dangerous to him. Those cops and such opt for the dangerous jobs. we all put ourselves on the line when we cross a street or trust someone. The police are no braver than the rest of us. I put myself on the line giving birth for 16 hours.

Roosevelt Wallace

Kanye should be in a wheelchair about now considering he doesn’t have anymore feet to put in his mouth

Nick

made my day, thank you chief oliver!

Nichole

West is a midget with a little mans complex...and an idiot to boot!!

skippy

Kanye take that!!!!!! You are an idiot and now you have been told

John

I think this officer is guilty of misinterpretting what the rapper said...I'm by NO means a West fan but what he said has some truth to it...any internationally known performer, politician, or public figure who walks up on a stage in front of THOUSANDS of people is in danger...just as policemen and soldiers are indentifiable sitting ducks because of their IDENTITY (not WHAT they do but where and how and when and in what 'uniform' they do it). I don't think West was comparing WHAT he DOES as the same or as imprtant as a cop or soldier...I think he simply referred to the dangers of being vulnerable to death while DOING what you do. Sorry cop, I think you over reacted and misunderstood; NOT good communication skills for a person in your position!

Nonna

Kudos to Chief Oliver!

Susan Hall

I would only correct one thing the police chief said. I would have said 'and my brother and sister police officers who have to go to work carrying weapons and wearing a bullet-proof vest to protectothers."

Calle

I think took Kanye's statement too seriously. It was one sentence and we all use comparisons. I thought Kanye was prophecying and giving some elaborate dramatic statement about how his job is like being a cop or military man. This Cop Needs A Chill Pill. I just needed to Get His Rocks Off!

GrannyCares

Young West is such a self absorbed little man. What a terrible role model for those of all communities who want to make a positive contribution to society.

If his job is so stressful and dangerous, why doesn't he apply for a police cadet position, or join a National Guard or Reserve unit and see how he fares with a few drill sergeants. Certain that his mistress can find a job making another X rated film.

John the Lawyer

Kind of makes me want to go to that town and get caught by the speed trap.

4fly1ass5cityboy

Im tired of kanye west ass he complains an Cries to much an makes no sense at all....

Previous 15 Comments | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments