Kanye West

BLASTED BY OHIO POLICE CHIEF

How Dare You Compare Yourself to Cops!

12/12/2013 10:31 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1212-chief-david-oliver-ap-2-articleA police chief in Ohio is GOING OFF on Kanye West -- tearing the guy apart for comparing himself to cops and soldiers ... saying Kanye has NO CLUE about the real dangers they face.

The cop with the beef is Brimfield Police Chief David Oliver ... who says he was listening when Kanye told a media outlet that he puts his life on the line at his rap concerts ... just like cops and soldiers.

Chief Oliver was so angry, he posted an open letter to West on the department's Facebook page ... saying, "You sir, are as misguided as they come."

The majority of the letter is dripping in sarcasm, mocking Kanye for the ridiculous comparison:

"Since you are accustomed to danger, from your life as an international rapper, I am strongly encouraging you immediately abandon you career as a super star and join the military."

"After joining, I would like you to volunteer to be deployed in Afghanistan or one of the numerous other forward locations where our men an women are currently serving. When the Taliban starts shooting at you, perhaps you could stand up and let the words flow."

"I’m sure they would just drop weapons and surrender. You could quite possibly end all wars, just from the enemy being star-struck."

The letter ends, "What I do not get is you EVER comparing what you do for a living to our heroic military members, who are always in harm’s way… and my brother and sister police officers who have to go to work carrying weapons and wearing a bullet-proof vest to protect themselves."

"Check yourself, before you wreck yourself….Chief Oliver."

120913_kanye_west_polcie_compare_launch

rSpacegirl

I find it interesting that Tom cruise didn't receive the same type of backlash for his comments. It's just bs

Lathandria

Someone give this guy a medal! Kanye is a piece of trash!

aldz

Omg...love it! I sure hope Jimmy Kimmel has a field day with this. :D

Piaso

This guy is just a mental midget. I can't stand him, his girlfriend, or his music.

Steve

I guess Kanye will prolly mutter the word "hatters" to all who try to humble his ignorant ass.

Steve

NFL

Hopefully Kanye is the next rapper to be shot.

urnexx

I finally found a cop whose kinda cool!

Kristi

Kanye your not special anyone can use autotune, and Instead of Kanye talking about how amazing he is, he should try to use that big mouth an wallet to do some good

carolled2001

OMG
It's about time that someone spoke up about Kayne

Thunder40356

This guy is such a idiot and I feel sorry for the kid he has to have parents like him and Kim k

Toilethead

He was just being his normal ignorant douchebag self.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Bravo Chief Oliver.

Nobody Special

Kangay made that song about himself, Runaway.

All he does is make a Toast to himself the entire song.

Talk about Attitude Projection...

Nuohlac

I would have thought the cop would have taken the higher road and ignore the comments until I saw the looks of Bubba. What a dick!