Beyonce Surprise

While You Were Sleeping ...

I Dropped A New Album!

12/13/2013 5:59 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1213-beyonce-02
Beyonce just pulled off a HUMONGOUS feat ...  surprising fans by dropping an entire album in the middle of the night on iTunes ... and doing it in almost total secrecy.

Not just a single song, mind you ... a full album -- called "Beyonce" -- with 14 new songs and 17 music videos.

There are a ton of stars featured on the tracks -- Jay Z, Drake, Justin Timberlake, Frank Ocean, Pharrell Williams, The Dream, Miguel ... and a bunch of others ... even her baby, Blue Ivy gets a credit.

Right now, the album's only on iTunes ... Queen B said she did that for a reason, saying "I didn’t want to release my music the way I’ve done it. I am bored with that."

She also released a music video for every new song -- and somehow, one of our TMZ photogs got into one of the shots (see video below) ... PHOTOBOMB!!

121313_beyonce_xo_launch

maryhuskey84

He's cute I'm sure she didn't mind!

StevenB

I'm trying to care . . .but . . .I just can't do it.

Alize

She's trying to hard. Everything about her is soo fake.

KicksandGiggles

I used to be a marginal fan of Beyonce but got tired of her showcasing her azz instead of her music. I would LMAO if this album tanked. Her and Jay Z's ego need to be checked.

Chick Carlton

When you have half the people in t he hip hop business in your back pocket, it's easy for them to put an AWESOME
album together for her. She just trying to stay ahead of the pack. I've been working on a new album for a year?
I ain't mad at her...

adamkillsit

Beyonce's music always sucks. this album is a new low. she needs to take lessons from Jay Z's other woman, Rihanna her music always bangs

STFU

Perhaps she can give her deadbeat father some $ to pay child support

Brian

Boring. Does anyone really care. She seems to be more about dancing than making songs that actually mean anything.

The Truth

Simple PR stunt to create a buzz since her last album failed and she got fried from Sony.

Does this on a Friday to get a buzz and so no critics or anyone else can really review it like a real album release is done.

This does not equate to sales. Jayz had to give away 1,000,000 cd's just to say he sold a million in reality he sold only 76,000.

Poor Beyoncé, she was a girl group singer that ended along time ago.

The Truth Hurts

monica

CUTE photog! haha

Mike

Sometimes I wonder if people say they like Beyoncé and her music just because they feel like they supposed to.

Like some "popular kid" in high school declares that some musician is awesome and if you don't like them then you are just out of touch and "uncool".

Can anyone tell me which song from this new album is guaranteed to be a super mega hit like Madonna or Mariah Carey might have done in the past?

bill

should have surprised by killing your ho mo husband,baby,and yourself.

chris

maybe im missing something, but how can there be 17 new videos if there are only 14 new songs?

Mike

In my opinion, I judge music on a song by song basis and I rate on a scale from 1 to 10. I couldn't care less what other people think or all the media hype about an artist that is going on.

Miley Cyrus could do the most bizarre circus side show freak stunt in the world and it wouldn't get me to like one of her songs because of it.

It's all about THE MUSIC that comes out of the speakers or headphones that matters first. A well thought out, high quality music video that brings the song to life is often a big booster. Everything else is secondary.

jenlolo

Who cares??? The fact that she is getting richer doesn't affect me !!! They have millions how much money do they need???? Including their child in one of the songs is just cheesy ... Damn. Who cares about their baby singing??? No one cares.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments