« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jameis Winston

DEFENDS HIMSELF

'I Just Know I Did Nothing Wrong'

12/13/2013 1:21 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

121313_jameis_winston_espn_launch
After months of silence, Jameis Winston is personally defending himself on TV ... saying, "I just know I did nothing wrong."

The FSU quarterback went on SportsCenter this afternoon and was asked how he felt about the accuser's lawyer addressing the media this morning and claiming the rape investigation was botched from the start.

Jameis played dumb ... saying, "I have no idea what's going on down there. I just know I did nothing wrong."

He continued, "I have a smile on my face, I’m just glad the whole thing is over."

Jameis is currently in NYC for the Heisman Trophy ceremony tomorrow ... and is considered the front runner to win the award.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Alleged_Free

Jameis just played dumb? IT'S OVER TMZ. LET IT GO. I can't wait till he sues you for slander. I can't wait till this $lut, and her 2 different semen try to file a civil suit and lose that too.

Unbroken Chain

He should just stay quiet. I guarantee this guy is not innocent. Not buying it. Football is king in Tallahassee. No way he was bein charged. She needs to sue him civilly and take it to trial, no settlements. Let him answer the tough questions the police in Tallahassee won't ask

StevenB

Who knows if he is guilty or innocent. We'll never know and he can thank the police for that. If he were truly innocent and they did an honest investigation he would have been cleared and everyone would have moved on and and cheered him on.

But because they decided to spend all their time and energy in covering up the fact there even was an allegation instead of investigating that allegation until enough time had passed that evidence was lost or destroyed and prosecutors could only say "we have insufficient evidence to charge him" instead of 'the evidence rules him out", he will forever have this following him around because a lot of people will believe he got the player's special. Because to some extent, he did. If he was "THE QB" but just "the student", there would have been at least a cursory investigation.

Don't forget to send the police a thank-you card for that one.

lett196950

Why pick this guy to say he raped her. Whos the other guy she slept with that DNA was found. Does she even no? She should stop and just go hide. Until today nobody even new who she was. Now everbody no shes a slut.

D.Tidrow

That's rite say it boy!

Karvey Kardashian

I've NEVER heard an innocent person state, "I just know I did nothing wrong." I've heard them say, "I did nothing wrong. I'm innocent."

Charlie Sheen's Watch

Agreed with Alleged_Free - that woman was nothing more than a common slut who had multiple DNA samples from other men.

The matter was investigated and it was determined that she was a disgusting vile money gold digging whore tramp who wanted to make a quick buck.

Now move on.