Paul Walker Crash

Cops Summon Porsche Experts from Germany

12/18/2013 9:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1218-paul-walker-accident-scene-car-facebook-4
The Paul Walker death investigation has taken a new turn -- mechanical experts who work at Porsche in Germany are flying out to L.A. in an attempt to get to the bottom of what caused the fatal crash ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... they want a full analysis of the Carrera GT, including brakes, engine and body.  They also want the experts to help determine speed at the time of impact.  Our sources say they're also interested in the tires, and at least one is available for analysis because it was not completely destroyed in the fire.

TMZ broke the story, the L.A. County Coroner determined Walker died from a combination of impact and flames.

The Porsche experts will be working with Sheriff investigators to make an attempt to determine a clear cause of the crash.

1218_remembering_paul_walker_footer

KelC.

Go watch the video that was posted on Paul Walker's Official Facebook Page. His charity. That's what we should be talking about and focusing on. His life outside of Hollywood. His legacy will live on. R.I.P. Paul Walker. 👼

PJ in Texas

TMZ ... Can you please let this story die? I am so sick and tired of reading headline after headline day in and day out!

rolexx

when will this walker saga end...every freaking day there has to be more than needed info...this thing is getting way over the top coverage

Pillsbury Pancakes

I hear they're bringing in a spontaneous human combustion expert to determine why... Oh wait he just stopped smoking, and I don't mean tobacco. Are they also bringing in Mormons to posthumously baptize them?

Frosticles

We need to know EVERYTHING and ANYTHING you can find on this story. NEVER give up on it TMZ.

Cookie35

I love paul walker he was a very handsome man, but enough already...... If he wasn't a Hollywood actor they wouldn't give this story the time or day.....

Frosticles

Dirk

They are doing what any good family of a famous person would do... trying to cash in with a wrongful death lawsuit. This, despite the fact that they were going at least 50 miles over the speed limit. It's just got to be someone else's fault, right?

love-truth-freedom

I'm glad they're carrying out further investigation, for the family's sake. Also, if it was mechanical failure and something wrong with the Porsche, it's knowledge to other Porsche Carerra owners.

Your S&M Girlfriend

Get over it TMZ. As if Porsche is the only car company to ever do such an investigation in a high profile wreck.

John

I wonder if Paul had been an unattractive nerd if they would still try to cash in?

tony

This is the reason I support putting "Black Boxes" in all vehicles

Truth

CONCLUSION??? CAR, MEET TREE. CAR, MEET TELEPHONE POLE. LAPD SHUD JUST PAY ME THE $500K FOR THE COST OF THIS LAME INVESTIGATION. IDIOTS WASTING TAX PAYERS MONEY. #TRUTH!!

Byronious Fridonious

Why the F, do I read TMZ.com? Because I have too much time on my hands. I gotta go to celebrity news rehab soon!!

Kelly

They are going to find that speed caused the accident.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments