'Duck Dynasty' Fans

BRING BACK PHIL

A&E's Denying Him Freedom of Speech

12/19/2013 9:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-phil-robertson-01
Thousands of "Duck Dynasty" fans are on a mission to end Phil Robertson's network suspension over his anti-gay comments -- 'cause they say A&E is denying him his human rights.

Over 35 THOUSAND people have signed a petition -- which fired up yesterday on Change.org -- demanding A&E end the suspension.

Even worse for the network ... it's being ROASTED on social media by DD fans -- hundreds of people are accusing A&E of not allowing Phil Robertson his basic right to freedom of speech.

One fan put the network on blast saying, "As a gay male, is what he said wrong and not educated about how gay people really are? Yes it was. Does he have the right to speak on what he thinks YES HE DOES!"

The fan adds, "Was I offended NO I WASN'T he is a smart man and could learn the truth about things he has no idea about. He's old school you can't hate on him for his beliefs DO NOT GET RID OF PHIL ON THIS SHOW! KEEP HIM!! I will no longer watch if he's gone!!!"

So, we gotta ask ...

gac

Gays should seek psychological help

Gillie Robbins

Phil is the Duck Commander. How do you get rid of him? Bring Phil back or kill the show.

HumanHere

Hey he DID QUOTE other sins.

Rad-Z

I 've never seen the show...but I stand with him on his stance on homo sexuality is wrong.

Sunshine702

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. He spoke, it was printed, and the employer suspended him.

Scott Allen

I believe in his right to free speech and his opinion. I believe in everyone's rights to practice their faith unobstructed from persecution and to be able to freely state what they believe. I wish more people would freely be able to speak about what they believe, but it seems unless a person is homosexual, athiest, or Muslim a person is not afforded the same rights. Those groups and certain others like them are promoted and Christianity, the Bible, and Jesus and faiths that believe and put their trust in God are demonized, criticized, fired from jobs, called nasty names, not treated fairly, and denied the same type of respect and kindness that they should be given. What hypocrites we are saying that people in America are treated fairly when there is clearly an agenda to promote some lifestyles, organization, and agenda over another.

rick

I think it silly for them to pull his show off. Everyone has their views and at least he is being honest about what he think. I am actually a gay man - so obviously i disagree with his view statements. do we really think a guy like that from the deep south has informed, logic based views on GLBT people - of course not.

ABC

If I had made these comments in my workplace, I would have been fired. Phil Robertson has exercised his right to free speech and now he has to face the consequences.

Harry Balzagna

So when is Duck Dynasty moving to the LOGO Channel?

MGFunk

Since when does Freedom of Speech equal Freedom to Promulgate Hate? Are we back to the 60's?!?!

Kishbeh

Point Blank this is a violation of Phil Robertson's freedom of speech. First of all there will ALWAYS be someone who will offend another. This is actually petty because it is not like he is the only one who feels this way.

rochard78

A lot of homosexuals claim to be Christians. Me, myself I never heard of nor seen a Christian that doesn't believe in The Bible the book of their faith! What does homosexuals think the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah was about? What do think The Bible is saying in Lev. 18:22 & Lev. 20:13, 1 Cor. 6:9-11, Rom. 1:26-27? I don't know why celebrities just don't quote Scripture and let the media & homosexuals debate the book and The God they believe in!

brooke

Liberals think they can shush everyone who does not believe with them....good luck with that. EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion. It is their Constitutional right. Freedom of Speech.

brooke

Freedom of Speech! It's funny how people supporting gay marriage fight for their rights, but then can openly deny others theirs for disagreeing with them. I am tired of this double standard. EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion.

Dllana Hood

As Americans we have freedom of speech....it is one of our rights that some folks want to take away.....Phil should be allowed his freedom of speech.....