'Duck Dynasty' Fans

BRING BACK PHIL

A&E's Denying Him Freedom of Speech

12/19/2013 9:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-phil-robertson-01
Thousands of "Duck Dynasty" fans are on a mission to end Phil Robertson's network suspension over his anti-gay comments -- 'cause they say A&E is denying him his human rights.

Over 35 THOUSAND people have signed a petition -- which fired up yesterday on Change.org -- demanding A&E end the suspension.

Even worse for the network ... it's being ROASTED on social media by DD fans -- hundreds of people are accusing A&E of not allowing Phil Robertson his basic right to freedom of speech.

One fan put the network on blast saying, "As a gay male, is what he said wrong and not educated about how gay people really are? Yes it was. Does he have the right to speak on what he thinks YES HE DOES!"

The fan adds, "Was I offended NO I WASN'T he is a smart man and could learn the truth about things he has no idea about. He's old school you can't hate on him for his beliefs DO NOT GET RID OF PHIL ON THIS SHOW! KEEP HIM!! I will no longer watch if he's gone!!!"

So, we gotta ask ...

DuckCall

Again... Homophobic????? I don't believe he's afraid. Also... Isn't this a reality show? REALITY!?!?!?!? Wow... can we say double standard.

Mjmiller

Freedom of speech is for everyone including Phil Robertson. I will not watch a&e if they do not apologize to Phil, their viewers and bring him back to the show. The majority of the people do not agree with a&e. I'm tired of the few (and I mean very few) trying to dictate what I hear, what I watch, ect... We can choose to watch or not, it should be OUR choice!

Joyouss

It doesnt matter what religion you are or if you even have religion, people have their own right to have their own opinions/beliefs. This aint a perfect world, people will get hurt on comments but hey this is reality! Nobody will always agree on anything.

Joyouss

LouAnn Cox

Personally I have never followed "Duck Dynasty", but have many family and friends that adore the program. I can tell you this, after A&E's stunt of pulling Mr. Robertson from his part in the show, I WOULDN'T WATCH THE PROGRAM NOW IF THEY PAID ME TO!!

DOROTHY LEWIS PEED

its all right for ophra an alec balwin to say **** well iam no never watching a&e if they take him off and phil should buy his own station D&D FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Ron Redday

Bring Phil back or Boycott anything having to do with A&E

Rebecca

I believe in freedom of speech I just dont think the way he went abt it was right. Personally I think comments like that should stay within the person freedom of speech or not

heather

People are acting like he called some one a *** or he said he hates queers or all gays will burn in hell. All he (Phil) did was state his opinion. This has like everything else in America, gotten way out of order.

angeline

Its so Outrages! Bottom line.. Hollywood is pushing for North America to except gay culture as appropriate and normal.. its not! if we were full of gays there would no families. Dont listen to t.v.

kelly winters

they also forgot the fact that Phil said "however i would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me,we are all created by the almighty and like him i love all of humanity.we would all be better off if we loved GOD and loved each other..

truth hurts

whomever doesn't have the facts should stay out of the conversation! how many people can say they know God? i didn't think so

NorCalNik

What he said was offensive. And I'm a big supporter of freedom of speech, but that only protects you from the government, not the opinion of the public. We live in an age where 58% of Americans support gay marriage and so things are not as they once were. What he said was offensive and quite frankly the reaction by DD fans (which I find hilarious acronym giving that's EXACTLY what those fans are) shows that they may be just as bigoted and stupid as he is.

70sgirl

someone needs to back this crap up and start all over. Freedom of Speech was the way it is the last time I checked. He believes in God and stands by it. His right! God made a man for a woman, and a woman for a man. A penis is a penis that belongs in a vagina

Kevin Jones

facebook site been up just over 16 hrs https://www.facebook.com/Philrobertsonsupport
531k likes someone was wrong