« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Duck Dynasty' Stars

Biggest Sponsor Pledges Support

Under Armour Won't Cut Ties

12/19/2013 1:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1218-phil-robertson-getty-underarmor
The guys from "Duck Dynasty" are NOT in danger of losing their biggest sponsor, Under Armour -- 'cause while the company tells TMZ its not down with Phil Roberston's homophobic comments, its not willing to kill the business relationship ... yet.

UA -- which sponsors the Duck Commander business, founded by Phil -- just issued a statement to TMZ ... saying, "We have no plans to change our current relationship.

The company adds, "We are obviously aware of the situation. And his comments are not indicative of Under Armour's views."

1219_duck_dynasty_family_photos_footer_v3

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

buzz watson

Under Amour--you obviously don't get it...we are boycotting all the sponsors UNTIL PHIL IS RE-INSTATED on the show.
while free speech is a protected right, when you get into to commercial ventures..free speech is not free. Ask Natalie Manes. However, the sponsors can be punished, too.
Boycott ALL sponsors until Phil is re-instated on the show. You have not financially protected yourself with the statement appearing here in this TMZ article. Nice Try.

Diana Standlee

Kudos to you Under Armour what a stand up company! I find it hard to believe that A&E didn't know Phil Robertson is a God fearing man when they hired him , or that they didn't know his Christian beliefs! I believe the up roar over his opinion and belief should be tolerated just as the gays expect there beliefs and opinion to be tolerated!

Lori

Under Armour is officially my favorite company....besides Duck Commander that is. FYI..there is still free speech in this country even if our President doesn't think so.

Chadrock85

Where did Phil even say anything along the lines of not "treating all people equally and with respect ". He is a God loving man and loves everybody. "You may not like me, but hey here's the good news, I Love you anyway..." THAT'S Phil Robertson.

shan

"
UA insists the company is committed to treating all people equally and with respect ... even if Phil isn't. "

Did anyone even read his comments????? Thats exactly what Phil said he WOULD do, after he quoted scripture!

Tim Saint

As an Under Armour shareholder and proud owner of an Under Armour Duck Commander T-shirt which I wore at the gymn this morning, I want to thank Under Armour for sticking by Phil. His comments are correct; homosexuality is and always will be sinful. I couldn't care less what anyone else says. It's God's opinion that matters.

I'm proud to support Under Armour and continue to buy its products.

Tim Saint
Seattle

hermitlady

TMZ you wrote "UA insists the company is committed to treating all people equally and with respect ... even if Phil isn't." Read the WHOLE article. Phil does respect people equally.

Proud mommmyxs7

I will no longer be a customer of under armour......

You Wish

Kay L

I stand with Phil!

w

Copy and pasting youwish's comment cause i couldnt of said it any better...."UA insists the company is committed to treating all people equally and with respect ... even if Phil isn't." REALLY? Phil isn't committed to treating people with equality and respect? He has only made it clear that he loves all of humanity equally. He has his right to his political and religious beliefs, let him be.

twwells

LOOKS LIKE I'LL BE BUYING SOME UNDER ARMOR THIS WEEKEND!!!

Ron Bender

I support Phil Robertson. I'm not anti gay I'm pro 1st admendment. I disagree with A&E's policy on the subject.

karl hull

I support the right of this guy to view his opinions. So the rights of gays overrule the freedom of speech act?

Patricia Gunkler

My husband and I have decided we will not support any sponsors who withdraw their support from the Duck Dynasty family. Now, we have never seen their show as it is not our interest, but we wholeheartedly support their right to speak their beliefs. We blocked the whole A & E channel on our cable, so NO ONE can watch it in our house from any of our televisions.