Steve Harvey

Cleared of Horrendous Child Abuse Allegations

12/20/2013 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220-steve-harvey-tmz
Steve Harvey
 was accused by his ex-wife and 11-year-old son of brutally beating the boy ... but Harvey's rep tells TMZ the comedian has been cleared.

A judge found Mary Harvey in contempt Thursday and sent her to jail for leaking sealed information about the alleged incident to the media.

As for the incident ... according to a police report -- obtained by TMZ -- Mary claims Steve got a phone call from the boy's school informing him his son lied about turning in homework.  According to the kid, Steve hit him with a belt and then a paddle board -- the kind used for hazing in fraternities.

According to the police report ... cops took photos of the boy's injuries, showing bruises on his buttocks and right thigh, as well as cuts on his leg.  The police report says the boy told cops, the beating was so brutal he had trouble urinating for days.

The matter was then referred to the Texas Dept. of Family and Protective Services.  Steve's rep tells TMZ, the Dept. concluded, "Based on the information obtained, the child does not appear to be at risk ... the case is closed without further investigation."

Mary believes that it's all a cover-up, and she's been on a campaign for several years to expose him.  But yesterday the judge had enough and felt she violated the protective order in the case and threw her in jail for 30 days.

Ummm..

Do***ents*

Ummm..

You can't say doc u ments on TMZ? Lol

Fat Jesus

Survey says.....who gives a fck!

zzyzx

My mom bruised my ass with a belt and guess what, I did my homework. I survived.

Vic Creed

He has soup cooler lips.

writenow

Why isn't the name of judge in this story?

Why doesn't TMZ name the judge I the Charlie Sheen case, not ID the judge who hasn't appointed attorneys
For the kids?

Mykuh

That is crazy. Money really can buy anything. Steve is all about old school way of life when it comes to escorting women and manners and apparently how he raises and punishes his child. I see him as a snake now for letting the mother of his child go to jail!!

STFU

.Steve knows this is true. The notion that he calls himself a Christian is laughable. I don’t know why the POTUS would sit down with this lowlife . SMDH!. No wonder Pres O had a bad year .

Holly

She was just trying to protect her child. The judge who put in her jail should be removed from the bench. You don't beat children like that. Harvey is a dirt bag.

Ashlyn

Getting beat by my father with belts and wooden spoons was routine when I was a child. Sadly, it seemed to be an acceptable form of punishment at that time. He didn't stop beating me until I left for college, and even then he acted out a few times when I was home on break and slapped me around a bit. Spanking is one thing. Beating a child is something else entirely. I love him and have a fairly good relationship with him, but I don't know if I will ever be able to forgive him.

Ron Fing Swanson

Kids are soft these days.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Something isn't adding up here. The child doesn't even live with the mother so I imagine that she didn't see the bruises right away. If the child had bruises AND cuts by the time the mom saw it how was Steve not charged with child abuse? There has to be an explanation as to why the judge would allow the child to stay with Steve and throw the mother in jail. It is a known fact that Steve's ex is super crazy and super vindictive, but that doesn't explain why Steve was allowed to get away with this.

Keyser Söze

Yet another example of America raising a generation of p*ssies.

Not So Ignorant

Only in America is physical force used for DISCIPLINE looked down upon. Go anywhere else and this is normal.

scary113

Yeah,I don't believe any of this nonsense. Steve is old school, if more parents actually punished their kids we wouldn't have all these teen moms/molly popping punks/out of control people playing the knockout game and whatnot. He should whoop his ass as needed, I'm not saying abuse him but corporal punishment is doled out in our schools I say better a parent do the punishing.