VH1 Star Real

My Cancer is Almost Gone

'It's a Miracle'

12/20/2013 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220-ahmad-tmz-hospital
The star of VH1's "Real Chance of Love" went under the knife Wednesday night to remove huge chunks of cancer from his colon ... and TMZ has learned the operation was a guarded success.

A rep for Ahmad Givens a.k.a. Real tells us ... when doctors began operating Wednesday night they thought he had colon cancer.  Turns out it was stage 4 rectal cancer and they were able to remove it all.

But there was another problem.  Real also had 7 tumors in his liver.  Doctors removed all but a small portion that was deep in the liver.  The docs are hopeful ... with radiation they can eliminate the remnants of his liver cancer.

Bottom line .... going into the surgery, it looked like Real was a goner, but now he has a good, fighting chance of survival.

In the world of medicine, that's what you call a successful operation.

blackboop

Can you said "THANK YOU YESHUA"

TIFFANY

Keep fighting Ahmad - I have not seen you much since the "Real Chance at Love" but I enjoyed those shows and I think you are a really nice guy. Keep fighting!!

Daron

If you have the $$$ you get the best healthcare.

Latiny212

-@ inthezone, cancer doesn't make you lose your hair, Chemo does. Chemo treatments usually start after the surgery. Best of luck to Real.

moni

I wish you good luck and a speedy and full recovery.

tteggie71

Seems like ur a really good person. Hope ur back on ur feet soon and ur healthy.

tori

Thats tooo bad. Hes one of the good guys I will pray for him

Demi

Good for him! Great news!

Dash

Man I'm glad he's ok.. He has good hair i hope he can grow it back

JJ

So, a team of doctors with decades of training spend many hours operation on hi, and the conclusion is "it's a miracle". Really? It's called medicine.

Panther

I was just thinking about Ahmad yesterday, wondering how he was doing. This young man is really a fighter. I hope he lives a long life.

Brian

Hope he gets a speedy recovery | iPro

Hilander

IT'S NOT A MIRACLE!!!!! Damn, it's science. It's medicine. Get with the programme. Idiots.

Bruno

Unfortunately stage IV rectal cancer has a 5-year survival rate of around 5%. But my uncle has survived pancreatic cancer for more than 15 years now, so if he keeps fighting he might beat the beast!

ladykitten99

IT IS A MIRACLE! OBVIOUSLY SOME DON'T BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF GOD AND THE POWER OF PRAYER... MY MOM HAD SURGERY FOR HER CANCER BUT GOD CHOSE TO TAKE HER ANYWAY.... SO YES... A MIRACLE!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments