'Duck Dynasty'

Cracker Barrel Bails On Phil's Products

12/21/2013 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1221-phil-duck-dynasty-cracker-barrel

The Southern-themed food chain reacted to Phil Robertson's anti-gay comments by removing "selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests" from their stores and restaurants.

We called a bunch of Cracker Barrel stores, and the managers told us the products that were removed were the ones that had Phil's face plastered on the packaging.  Almost to a person, the managers added, "We still offer a wide variety of Duck Commander products," and then we heard a click.

C.B. offers this explanation ... "We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture."

As for most of the remaining products ... we're told you can find them in the sale bin.

mmilesll

I never go there anyway and most of their "guests" like Phil. Typical two-faced company.

Miguel

Good. That is one less restaurant I need to worry about patronizing. Apparently, the First Amendment means a lot less to them than it does to a lot of us.

Tweeder

We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. Hey what about the religious group? Who by the way out number the Gay group

John Campbell

I wonder how long the PC bunch will take before realizing that the promotion of filth isn't popular? It's one thing to get news of just how sick some people can be and people look to see what happened. It's quite another to suggest that such is how people actually want to be because they looked at it.

WilliamPenn

A&E told Phil he couldn't say "Jesus" because it might offend Muslims. A&E stands with Islam, the religion that's always blowing us up.

pokey

So, if you express your own opinion and it doesn't jive with or is not PC Cracker Barrel's opinion then there is NO fairness, respect or equal treatment afforded to you. Heck, who needs Cracker Barrel?

RightStuff

I got poisoned one time at Cracker Barrel, and I've never been back. Certainly won't give them a second chance now.

GibsonPushTone

GLAAD, LGBT, NAMBLA Do get a pass… As does girlshealth.gov which promotes and encourages 10 year old girls to mutually masterbate… We are living in modern S odom and G omorrah / America… Tyranny by minority.

A

So, Cracker Barrel had no idea what Phil's stance on this would be prior to this fiasco? Please!!!! RIDICULOUS. Makes me want to avoid Cracker Barrel.

X-10

TMZ got the title wrong. Cracker Barrel bailed on A&E NOT Duck Commander products which are Phil's brand. TMZ please correct your title.

Middle of the road

Wow. Nice talk from all of these "Christians". If this is Christianity, sign me up with the atheists. Why don't all of you go back to bed with your inbred relatives and relax. I'd tell you to read a book or something but that's obviously a moot point..........

tessa

I will NEVER patronize Cracker Barrel again. NEVER.

buffmuffin

Oh well, used to eat at cracker barrel all the tome.

Never again.

John Campbell

I'm going to pose this to everyone. Something isn't right.

According to the article it says:

"We called a bunch of Cracker Barrel stores, and the managers told us the products that were removed were the ones that had Phil's face plastered on the packaging. Almost to a person, the managers added, "We still offer a wide variety of Duck Commander products," and then we heard a click."

That sure looks to me like cutting Phil out of it. However, keep in mind this is TMZ. The question could possibly be just who is TMZ promoing?

Remember, this headline states:

"'Duck Dynasty' -- Cracker Barrel Bails on Phil Robertson Products", but then the first line states:

"Cracker Barrel has become the first sponsor to cut bait with "Duck Dynasty" ... but not entirely."

I can get upset with having Phil pulled. I can support pulling Dynasty and supporting Commander directly. but why only Phil being pulled? This is confusing and I'm wondering if that may e the intent of TMZ. Maybe we should be asking TMZ just what's going on with a little clarification of their own?

jkim

New headline:
A&E Network Kills Duck that Lays Golden Eggs; Cracker Barrel Plucks and Fries It.

Bye bye, Cracker Barrel! I would have stayed out of the hostilities, if I were you!