Steve Harvey

Tried to Strong Arm Wife

About Child Abuse Claims

12/21/2013 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220-tmz-steve-harveySteve Harvey tried to pressure his ex-wife into making a mea clupa ... that she lied when she claimed he brutally beat their son ... so she claims.

Steve Harvey's lawyer wrote a letter for Mary Harvey to sign -- obtained by TMZ -- in which she says she made up the allegation that Steve beat their 11-year-old son with a belt and paddle.

The letter reads in part, "I have to deal with that [the lie] and answer to God for my behavior."

The letter goes on, "I know that you love our son and would do anything legal to protect him.  You are a loving father."

As for Steve's effort to keep the allegations under wraps, the letter goes on to say, "I realize that you sought the sealing of the record as a measure to protect our son from a lot of unnecessary anxiety from his peers and others and to protect us as a unit from a media frenzy."

Mary refused to sign the letter and their war continued ... ending this week with a judge throwing Mary in jail for leaking documents to the media.

As for Steve ... authorities cleared him of the child abuse charges.

Ebony L

His ex wife is ugly! Checkout thegrandreport, they got some must see viral videos on there

germaine conley

shame on steve harvey! how dare he strong arm his ex-wife into saying she lied about his beating of the son! The boy was injured and mary did what any mother in her position would do,when there is no where else to turn. And shame on the judicial system for not protecting the son and instead put his mother in jail! The courts do not have a heart for the victims at all and steve harvey's son was victim! As far as i am concern i will no longer look at his show!

The610Kid

I never liked him anyway and I'm black. They need the white guy back on Family Feud too because this ***** isnt even funny.

HumanNature

STEVE HARVEY IS A "SELF CENTER" NARCISSIST!!!!

17 YRS OF MARRIAGE AND HE SCREWED HIS EX-WIFE IN THEIR DIVORCE!!!!

HE'S SHOWING US THA

STFU

BS. Steve done paid her off and the allegations are true. Lets not forget the police report. This lowlife has no shame in his game.

STFU

BS- where did the bruises come from. He calls himself a Christain now that's laughable

Roberik 22

Must be a reason why he smacked the kid. Kids can be mouthy at that age. He probably was disrespectful. The ex wife looking to get more money and get him in trouble because she's bitter.

pj

I got ass whopping when I was little . I thank my parents for them. Im successful make good money and a good citizen. That's what wrong with kids now. Bring back school punishment.

gegeok

I believe the kid... Smdh..@ Steve

Paulina82

I dont believe steve would do something like that!

Paulina82

And if he spanked them so what? Thats Not abuse

Black Becky

I heard he's a pedo ...

sweetbaby

He is a cheater and a LIAR

Carolan

A judge cleared Steve ... the story is over TMZ. Mary is just a poor loser ...

HngBlkBtm

Everything is as fake about him as his big teeth. I will never watch is shows again. Did y'all watch that video of him fake crying that he did with T.D. Jakes? Go to YouTube and check it out. He's crass, and illiterate.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments