« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gabrielle Union

My Fat, New Engagement Ring is Worth ...

12/22/2013 7:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1222_dwade_gunion_gettyEvery kiss begins with ... an engagement ring that costs MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE MAKE THEIR WHOLE FRICKIN' LIVES -- if you're Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade, that is.

Dwyane popped the question Saturday night with an 8.5 carat cushion cut diamond ring (pictured below) made by go-to celeb jeweler Jason of Beverly Hills ... and TMZ has learned it goes for nearly 1 million bucks.

We're told Dwyane had been on the hunt for months for the stone of her dreams ... and his jeweler made 3 trips to Miami looking for the perfect jewel ... and third time was a charm.

Bravo.

1222_gabriel_union_ring_instagram

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LeftTheWorld

Y'all talking like she doesn't have a career of her own. She was known before D Wade and her got together. Most of y'all just mad because your own life is sad and miserable.

marmar

U do bad ,bad is coming for u don't forget

CJ

1 million payoff for giving her a nasty STD.

Thomas Reed

that is what it costs for an nba player who will definitely cheat on her. that ring is a big fat ok cheat on me.

luckycat

CUBIC ZIRCONIA I BET!!!

Blockboy720

Ppl always get mad about things they wish they could do...that aint hurting wade pockets haterz..

RaineeDrops

Ridiculous, how could you purchase or wear such a ring and feel good about yourselves when you walk past a homeless person on the street or know that children are going to school with empty bellies and people are starving and have no roof over their head.

I could never wear such a ring worth that and not feel guilty.

The self indulgence and self gratification in this world is getting over board.

I just could not, I love my innocent little wedding ring, I could not wear one worth 1 million when people are hurting, sick, starving, suffering with medical bills, homeless.

I'd be cashing it in to donate to help others.
Just how I roll.

Angel Morado

Wow! Some of these comments are so TYPICAL of racist people...always pointing out stereotypes as if their race has none or any flaws. They've been together for like 10 years, you people are pathetic!

Sarnia

Love ❤️❤️❤️

carol

I really like that ring. I like the plain stone with no fancy stones or distractions on the side, classy.

allypooh2

Dwyane* Wade

Observer

Wow.... she's more into the RING then the Wedding.
Says a Whooooole lot.

TuxThePenguin

I adore this talented, funny lady; but y'all get all over Bill Gates likes flies on poop and no comments about how a stupid ring like that could feed thousands if starving people? things that make you go "hmmm..." 😑

Ummm..

Not certain why there is so much ignorance regarding an engagement announcement... Ppl calling Gabrielle a hoe, baby mama or gold digger... It's ok not to know anything about her but at least get some facts first... Like he didn't cheat with Gabrielle ... He was already going through a divorce when they got together ... She's not a gold digger, she's an actress who had a pretty good career before DWade ... Can't see why ppl can't just be happy for the couple...

Emerson