'Duck Dynasty'

Phil Robertson Suspension is Over

... Says A&E

12/27/2013 3:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1227-phil-robertson-a-and-eThe "Duck Dynasty" war with A&E is over -- the network just announced Phil Robertson is no longer suspended ... and filming will resume in a few months.

The network says their strong sense of integrity caused them to react quickly to Phil's GQ interview ... and after consulting with numerous advocacy groups they made a decision to bring him back.

The network adds, "As a global media content company, A+E Networks’ core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people’s home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principles."

The network says they plan to roll out a new PSA campaign on their network in the wake of what happened ... promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance.

A&E adds, "Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love."

BashfulNashville

This whole thing is dumb. If I were employed somewhere and shouted from the rooftops something a point of view that was deeply offensive to my employer and opposite their beliefs then id be fired. It's not rocket science. It's not "anti-free speech". It's not being able to embarrass publicly the company that employs you.

Geoffrey

When is TMZ going to "out" Matt Drudge and put a reporter on his trail??? He spews all of this anti gay propoganda on his right wing anti Obama website but I hear he is gay himself. Hypocrite!!! All hypocrites should be outed for the s*** they are!!!

Pamela

Guess I'll be blocking A & E.....

billybob

I can't believe that those fanatic Nazi-in-Spirit rednecks got so much sympathy here. That's sick!

portapotty

The new PSA's will take aim at all who support Phil's POV. There will no doubt be subtle shaming and guilt flinging at believers and any sneaky thing they can pull, since these PSA's will have to pass muster with Glaad. That is the view A&E supports, not a Christian/traditional one. THhe are pc promoters

guy

Praise the Lord. Now we can all stop praying and start shooting ducks again!

Mike

I knew it was just a matter of time before A&E rolled over on their back to show their belly like one of Phil's hunting dogs.

I suspect that A&E is going to insist that Phil be kept on a shorter leash though. He'll probably have a full time PR person with him at all times if the paps or reporters are around. Old dogs like Phil don't learn new tricks very easily.

Casey

Whether I agree with his comments or not, this is like a parent giving in.......no respect for A&E.

nikki6

It will be interesting to see if Phil and the family even want to come back. The only reason A & E is bringing him back is because the show is their cash cow.

bitterexfan

Well I'll gladly stop watching A&E! Wonder how it feel to stand on the wrong side of history?

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Viewership numbers ,for next season will triple. Now I am curios , to take a peek never saw this show before. Pfffffff

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Ps. Screw the typos.

Theresa

It was A&E's fault to begin with... They mad a bigger deal out of the interview than what it really was & rather than just saying that Phil's remarks were his own & his religious & beliefs... DumbA$$'s... Any major network would be glad to have a 10 million viewer show.

Sandra

Don't waste time watching this crap and now I have more reasons to boycott A&E!!!

Dead@27

"Robertson" (noun) - The frothy mixture of lube and duck feces that often accompanies a Redneck having Sex with the Anus of a Duck.