James Holmes

Booby-Trapped Apt. On the Market

12/27/2013 10:24 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1227-holmes-aurora-shooting-home-zillowFor rent: 650 square ft. apartment, 1 bedroom, 1 bath, completely renovated and furnished.

Price:  $850 a month

Previous owner: Accused mass murderer James Holmes.

There's history to the unit ... it's the apartment Aurora shooter James Holmes rigged with booby traps before killing a theater full of people last year.

You'll recall ... Holmes littered the apartment with 30 grenades, 10 gallons of gasoline and various booby traps ... hoping cops would blow themselves up when they went inside.

The online listing doesn't mention Holmes.  It does say, "We also pay heat, which makes this a steal at $850."

A rep for the building says it's under new ownership.

1227-holmes-aurora-shooting-home-getty

gossip_woman

anyone who wants to rent it would be crazy to with the history there.

Mumra the Ever Living

This was an American Tragedy where many died because of crazy man got a hold of some very deadly weapons.
And you Sc Um bags treat it like it's a semi-humorous gossip story.

Jordan

The Building could pay heat gas water electric cable the $850 a month is still too high even if it was not occupied by James Holmes. it is worth maybe $575 month.

Tarington

Please! The property owner doesn't have a right to "lease" it? Holmes didn't kill anyone in it (wanted to, but thank God it didn't occur). We all could be living in properties that have "histories" (e.g., domestic violence, animal cruelty, drug use, etc., etc.) in them we just don't know it. What property should have been torn down was the Aurora Colorado theatre, which they didn't -- just remodeled it. So what's worse?! Theatre, by far, is.

Sonny

People gotta live somewhere. I'm sure people all over the world live in apartments or houses were people were murdered & whole lot of other things.

drake

Uh, no thank you.

Mumra the Ever Living

I just noticed. You back-timed this story by at least 25 minutes.
Is that one way to get an exclusive? Knowingly putting the wrong time on articles. You people are the worst.

UNLV1990

Sometimes you just have to tear it down and rebuild, too much bad history I n that place.

LunarJunk

I'll stay put in my house.

bazinga

I'd be afraid that there would be one last booby-trap in there somewhere that they didn't know about.

NJMomma

I pay 1250 a month on a very tiny ( about 750 sq ft) its 3 tiny Bedroom 1 bath bungalow In NJ ( with 3 teenagers children my husband & I )

OhReally

I'll rent it !!!!! Sold !!!!!!! LMAO it's actually a nice apartment some of you live in houses that may hold skeletons and some more stuff ...however before renting he has to disclose any details that might land him in a legal suite

billybob

That's really dumb! They could make much more money with a 'mass murderer atmosphere' apt.. The should rig the apt. with some harmless fun-like booby traps and some pics from the massacre. By doing this the apt. could turn into a place of pilgrimage. . .

jetlew

Bad Karma, and if there is evil no thank you. In respect to the dead of his evil crime I would not live there. How could TMZ make such a post like this after something so tragic.

Sami

I wouldn't pay $850 for an apartment I could die in in Colorado. I mean, are we sure they found all the traps? Or is there that one ticking time bomb nobody found?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments