Jermaine Dupri

Insane Traffic Stop

Cops Found a Xanax Pill!!!!

12/27/2013 7:54 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1227-jermain-dupri-instagram-copsJermaine Dupri just learned a hard lesson -- take a chill pill when you're in Miami Beach and cops will swarm you.

Jermaine and his crew were cruising in Miami Beach at 3:24 this morning when cops pulled them over because the tint on their Lincoln was too dark.

According to the police report -- obtained by TMZ -- Miami Beach cops smelled "a strong odor of marijuana" inside the car.

That's when Jermaine -- who was a passenger -- and the others were patted down.  Cops didn't find pot, but they DID find something that caught their eye ... a single Xanax pill in a plastic container, inside the pocket of one of Jermaine's friends.

Now get this ... Cops then requested K--9 dogs to sniff out contraband.  In all, Jermaine says 5 cops cars arrived on scene, but turned up nada.

But it wasn't over yet.  Cops were suspicious that the guy was in illegal possession of the pill.  He insisted he had a prescription, but cops were suspicious.  That's when someone in Jermaine's posse said he would go to the guy's home to get documentation he had a valid prescription.  Time passed and the guy came back with the proof, and everyone went home.

Right after the incident, Jermaine tweeted, "Somebody please call TMZ.  5 police cars just pulled us over."

We heard you.

update_graphic_red_bar
12:30 PM PST -- Jermaine tells TMZ ... he is the victim of "rapper profiling."

He believes cops followed him from the nightclub he had just made an appearance at ... and stopped him within minutes because he's a celebrity.

He thinks its ridiculous that cops called out the K9 unit and thinks it is massive overkill.

Miami Beach PD says the stop was legit ... and everything was done in accordance with procedure.

palermo

If the tint was too dark how would they know if he were black or white. Stupid ...

john flynn

Jermaine Dupri wow thought he's working at a walmart or something who cares he's a nobody.

BigKahuna

All could have been avoided if you weren't driving around with overly tinted windows.

lord flashheart

5 Police cars for 1 pill ?....lolz

Canadasux

If it's profiling, it's profiling for tinted windows only! Because the cops wouldn't be able to see if the occupants of the car were black or white with tinted windows that dark.

TuxThePenguin

Always carry the 'script bottle with you, dumbass...but 5 cops? that's ridiculous.

me

I'd say yes, but I had the same thing happen to me when I was by myself and doing nothing wrong. I'm just an average looking white dude and it happened to me in mostly white area. Got put in cuffs while a k9 unit searched my car for no reason. I didn't even have one pill! Its violating as hell, that's for sure!!

Colonel Nudge

'strong odor of marijuana' ... of course there was. cops wouldn't lie would they?.. therefore probable cause to harass someone for a pill. oh these cops are into common sense approach, i see.

Dbynum88

They made a big deal out of this. Even if you take the fact out of it that the windows were tented they still were profiled against if you ask me. I don't think this would have happened if it would have been Taylor Swift, or Justin Timberlake. If they car was pulled over it probably would have been different if Taylor mom had one pill. What kills me is when people think blacks or many other minorities play race cards. This is life and trust me it happens. It's a privilege to be white in America. But of course our nation is 100% equal, and fair, and those damn blacks just scream racism and play race cards to get their way. The police never pulled anybody over for being black and our courts are the most fair they can be.

ylg

There was nothing else going on in Miami that night? What a waste of resources.

Dbynum88

Just so you guys know, you can see through most tinted windows. Very few are limo or presidential tent. I don't understand that tint window stuff though. Why pull someone over. That's a law the give police a reason to mess with you. So my car is tent-less for this very reason.

Roberik 22

Give me a break. They pull everybody over for too dark tints. Even in illinois. White or blk. I'know people it happenEd to And they will search the car if they smell marjuana. Duh! Guess they think they are above the law? Everybody is searched. Happened to someone I know. They were white

Smooch

Xanax is a controlled substance. Even if you have a prescription, you are to carry it in the prescription bottle with your name, pharmacy name and valid date it was filled. That is the law of controlled prescription pills. They were pulled over for illegal tint and smelled pot. And oh boy! They found a pill where it shouldn't be. None of what the cops did was illegal and your stupid story of "profiling" is pure junk.

Anyone who is ever given scripts for such pills is given the legal run down on how to handle and transport them legally. ****ing TMZ.

Blockboy720

Racist Pigs

click

They never should have submitted to an illegal traffic stop. They need to know what to do next time and you do too.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments