Katy Perry

Britney Spears Concert

I'd Rather Watch Paint Dry

12/28/2013 7:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

122813_katy_miley_britney_launch
Britney Spears blew everyone away during her Vegas debut last night ... everyone, but Katy Perry.

Katy was front and center for the "Piece of Me" show -- rubbing elbows with Miley Cyrus and Adam Lambert -- and while Miley danced her ass off, Katy couldn't seem less interested.

True enough ... Britney's no John Mayer, but come on Katy -- she's a much better dancer than him.

As they say ... you can please some of the people all of the time ...

122813_britney_spears_launch

Sid

Well tmz accurately portrays the demographics who will attend the show. Jealous women who think they are better than Brit and gays.

dee

Britney fans seem to be using talented people who use backing tracks here and there for hard dance numbers as an excuse as to why Britney ALWAYS does it. Let's see..when Beyonce sings Live, she sounds AMAZING. Put a microphone in front if Britney and ask her to sing fully live, and she will sound like a constipated nasal Mickey Mouse. You see Britney fans, you can't act like it's ok for Britney to lip-synch because she has ZERO genuine talent. She's not doing it because she's dancing. Or because Beyonce can do it so why can't Britney? No. One has genuine talent and if she needs to conserve her voice for harder parts, then fine. The other simply has no talent. So Britney fans, STFU. You should stupid trying to hold on to your talentless nostalgic twit.

Luna

I bet 80% of people making fun of Britney's weight are bigger than her. She is not fat for goodness sakes. She is still thinner than the majority of Americans.

Secondly Katy shouldn't be talking about anyone's show being boring. She can't sing to save her life and her music is mediocre at best.

nick

At least she' not wearing a big weave of hair and bobbing her head around and around like Beyonce.....thumbnail can sing...rhizoma has talent....

mzcadi

I wouldn't pay to see her in concert, she doesnt have that same energy from back in the day.

Gretel

I've been to Vegas a few times. I can hop the Lewes Ferry and be in Atlantic City in a little over an hour. I've seen shows in both places. What I see is a concert with a lot of dancers running interference for Brit's recorded vocals and her "dancing" of poses. That clip looked more like a concert with an overpopulated stage than a Vegas or even an Atlantic City show. I think Brit has a great solid body, but the rest of it isn't worth the price.

Mike

Katy did not SAY a damn thing about Britney's show. This is just TMZ trying to get some "diva on diva" cat fight sheut going. Ignore the title to this TMZ story.

So Katy didn't go wild jumping up and down. Big deal. A lot of times when I'm at concerts I like to just sit there and watch with binoculars and absorb the music and maybe tap my thigh like a drum, do a little "air guitar", etc.

What I hate these days at concerts is that it seems like most of the people are fiddling with their damn smartphones for half the concert and doing video and pictures in order to impress their friends or whatever.

BB not bb

Yeah I feel kind of stupid for falling for this headline. I think the reason that Katy was standing still in the beginning was that she had a camera out and was trying to film it. Then she started hugging John and Jumping up and down and danced off into the aisle. You can't really glean what she was thinking from all that, or if she has a major issue with Britney.

This really is gossip. There really is no proof. I thought this was more of a celebrity news site . . .

bimoo

Its britney bitch

Vegas mommy

Again...paying $200+ for tickets and someone is lip synching it's not cool!! I live here in Vegas and NO LOCALS would pay for this!!!

Barbara

Her movements have no passion in them.

nof

Not many people come back from where Brit was.

Five years back.

For such a triumph and show as this was for us.

And for the electric atmosphere and crowd there.

Was for Miley.

There's genuine joy in seeing Britney back on her game.

The Human Spirit is an unbelievable thing.

Can bounce back from anything - as Brit proves in this spectacular concert.

We got chills - that's how good this was and is.

Flawless in its' choreography - no one misses a beat.

Again congratulate Britney Spears, her family and team.

Inspiring.

Katy

She can't dance!!

Mikey

She's kinda like a the chunky Elvis now. Maybe she should start wearing the one piece jumpsuit with the big buckle?

NuBiXx

TMZ at it again trying to make controversy when there is none.