Robin Roberts

P.S. I'm Gay

12/30/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

robin-roberts-gettyRobin Roberts just officially came out of the closet ... telling the world she's gay and has a longtime girlfriend.

Robin just recounted her triumphs over the last year on her Facebook page ... talking about her battle with cancer and how she overcame the odds and regained her health.

In the middle of her Facebook essay she said, "I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together."

It's kind of cool the way she did it, she didn't scream it from the mountain tops ... but she revealed her true self in an authentic way.

Good for Robin.

1230_robin_roberts_through_years_footer

Scott Levy

This news is about as shocking as it'd be if Richard Simmons came out.

WTF

Oh thats so nice. She's such a wonderful person...because she's gay. All gay people are so wonderful. :) gay gay gay gay gay g ay gay gay gay

everyday, gay gay gay gay. Anal sex, clam bumping, you know, good ol traditional fun.

JJC

Honestly, so what. It really means nothing to come out AFTER you are established and successful. Try living your entire life OUT...not hiding until you get where you need to be. The majority of her life was a lie...and now she (and others like her) come out when its convenient for them and they have nothing to lose. There is no bravery in this. Just cowardice.

nick

After cancer I would try my best to get my life in order and live for god....

Phreaky

If someone didn't already realize this, they're blind as a bat.

yuliflor

Well it was kinda obvious... I dont think ppl are that surprised. With some ppl, you can just tell.

Proud2bBlack

Why do these sexually sinful people always have to announce their gay or a lesbian? Should heterosexuals start announcing they're heterosexuals? It's ridiculous media reporting on these sinful acts. Nothing but Satan in his playground with all his members. Devastating atrocities!

meloveulongtime

I suppose ellen will her on her show now

Vote2012

Did anyone ever doubt she was a lesbo? All you have to do is watch her or listen to her . I have nothing against gays but do they really have to make some grand announcement?

Amy Mccullough

This is not my believe. If this is her lifestyle so let it be. I cannot judge her that is someone far beyond who is my saviour. She seems like a nice lady.

paul a.

Duh......

Ginger

What does Phil the Duck have to say about this ???

Perky

My 91 year old neighbour loved watching Robin on TV. She'd say my favoutie 'khuntlapping darkie' is on and I gotta make me some tea.

Amy Mccullough

I do not live her lifestyle and cannot judge her. There is someone in a higher place that will do that. She seems like a nice lady

Ginger

Or is he against gay men only ??? Not women ??