Robin Roberts

P.S. I'm Gay

12/30/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

robin-roberts-gettyRobin Roberts just officially came out of the closet ... telling the world she's gay and has a longtime girlfriend.

Robin just recounted her triumphs over the last year on her Facebook page ... talking about her battle with cancer and how she overcame the odds and regained her health.

In the middle of her Facebook essay she said, "I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together."

It's kind of cool the way she did it, she didn't scream it from the mountain tops ... but she revealed her true self in an authentic way.

Good for Robin.

1230_robin_roberts_through_years_footer

Laine

Very classy and brave, just like Robin. I never felt a need to "come out" in a big way, because my sexuality is nobody's business but mine and the people I am interested in. Best wishes to her in the new year!

jef

If they want to be treated equally, why do they have to tell the world about it. Normal people don't tell other people they 're straight . Full on freak show....

LiaPia

Good for her!!! We love you Robin!!!

nick

Y is she brave for saying she's gay....what have she got to lose??...she is not a movie star aying straight roles....comming out will only afect male movie stars and even openly gay men get roles as womanizers , like the flaboyantly gay dude in how I met your parents

dc

Finally, welcome home Robin..

T.C. Mits

Is Amber Oprah's middle name?

Ray8

Everyone knew that when your were a radio sports announcer years ago.no need for an announcement.

icantbelieveitsnotbutter

Big surprise there! NOT!. I thought she was a man by that picture.

nick

There are so many gay TV personalities ....she did not come out before because she know in her heart it is a sinful lifestyle

jeannie

Doesn't bother me at all. If she's happy more power to her. She's still an A+ television personality. By the way, I don't think she's asking for anybody's approval.

Edwood

Munch,munch!

nick

only gay pastors who come out get fired....and there have even been gay priest ordained in cetain perverted confused churches....

Pet peeves

Oh who the **** cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t

Not a shocker...those without gaydar...hello?? Who didnt realize that this woman is gay?? and some of these comments on here...ignorant and from the 1940s...

Knutterly

I'm glad she is healthy and happy.