Robin Roberts

P.S. I'm Gay

12/30/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

robin-roberts-gettyRobin Roberts just officially came out of the closet ... telling the world she's gay and has a longtime girlfriend.

Robin just recounted her triumphs over the last year on her Facebook page ... talking about her battle with cancer and how she overcame the odds and regained her health.

In the middle of her Facebook essay she said, "I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together."

It's kind of cool the way she did it, she didn't scream it from the mountain tops ... but she revealed her true self in an authentic way.

Good for Robin.

1230_robin_roberts_through_years_footer

bea

Dissed her "girlfriend" for her own selfish desires. Gotta LOVE Phil Robertson even more. Tell the truth and be in a relationship that is able to procreate real love.

I love tha haters!!!

Good for you Robin!!! Happy new year! Congratulations on your happiness hope younand amber have a loving and lasting

nick

There was a flamboyantly gay....male playing the part of a womanizer in the show...how I met your mother.....gays have nothing to be afraid of....they get roles as straight individuals in movies and shows....

CelebJustice

p.s. who cares!

Truth

Today in Your Gay Indoctrination. Applaud or get branded.

J5236

I support love period! =)

Machelle

This actually shocked me. I would've never guessed it. I thought she was a Christian? Grossed out, disappointed and no longer a fan.

vegas-mom-

Does this really shock anyone?

rob

I knew it!

Laurie123

So many opinions on this message board - just curious, how does whatever she chooses to do in the privacy of her own bedroom, affect anyone ? It doesn't . How two consenting adults get their groove on, is their own personal business.

Machelle

Men with men. Women with women. Forget the sin part-how is that in itself not gross?!?! I mean really, it just seems disgusting and unnatural. Not far from bestiality.

Buffoon

That's nothing. I'm a woman trapped inside a mans body, but I don't know it becsuse she is a lesbian.

SXQN

Tell me again why it's "breaking news" what's going on in the bedrooms of consenting adults? I'm overjoyed at people finding happiness with someone who treats them with love and respect...JMO

Fit4Life

To each his own but I'm sick and tired of people coming out "announcing" that they are "gay" like they've climbed Mount Everest or something.. Who gives a sh*t!! Nobody else gives a sh*t!!

Ginger

What does Phil the duck have to say about this ???