Robin Roberts

P.S. I'm Gay

12/30/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

robin-roberts-gettyRobin Roberts just officially came out of the closet ... telling the world she's gay and has a longtime girlfriend.

Robin just recounted her triumphs over the last year on her Facebook page ... talking about her battle with cancer and how she overcame the odds and regained her health.

In the middle of her Facebook essay she said, "I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together."

It's kind of cool the way she did it, she didn't scream it from the mountain tops ... but she revealed her true self in an authentic way.

Good for Robin.

1230_robin_roberts_through_years_footer

AlwaysOnTimeB

Yeah, not surprised. Not a big story here. I admire Robin, not for coming out, but for who she is as a person.

ufos8mycow

I'd like to take this opportunity to tell everyone that I'm straight. I know! Thank you all for the support!

I'll be waiting on the phone call from TMZ so I can have a story too!!!

sfrandiver

WOW, this is shocking news. Didn't see this coming. Next thing you know Tom Cruise and Ryan Seacrest will say there gay too.

scathrync

Wow, so many judgmental people on this website. No one asked for your approval for her relationship or orientation. This isn't the 50's anymore, people. Stop being hypocrites.

ERP

So what....I think we all knew this. Maybe she had to wait for Sam to leave.

Lala

Well... she's NOT the FIRST woman in the world to have cancer... AND survive AND overcome the odds... she's NOT the FIRST woman to come out as lesbian... she MIGHT want to try walking on water... NO other WOMAN I know of has done that... don't break your arm Robin reaching back to pat your own self on the back... you haven't done AYTHING that MANY MANY MANY WOMEN BEFORE YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE!!!! Give it a rest...

marthaseamster

Why union need a bodyguard gaurd

Ro

We dont know that she mean girlfriend as in partner or a female friend....I would be careful before assuming her intent of meaning

Kelly

All the signs were there: bad tipper, pickup truck, and dog that's part wolf.

Truth

HOW IS THIS NEWS??? SHE WAS ALWAYS F*CKING GAY... TMZ FAILS ON SO-CALLED BREAKING NEWS. TAKE A SEAT. #TRUTH!!

Kelly

I wonder what Katie Holmes' knee vagina thinks of Robin Roberts coming out.

Truth

"No one asked for your approval for her relationship or orientation" ---- Gays don't "ask" for anything. They DEMAND it. Anyone that doesn't follow the indoctrination program gets branded.

ima toole

P.S. I'M STRAIGHT

TMZCrazy

Everybody on earth is sexual whether you agree with it or not. Some people know what they want, others try to live like they think they know what they want. Everybody likes sex, even if it's by themselves. What two consenting adults do behind closed doors is nobody's business but theirs. If you're trying to figure out how Robin Roberts or anyone else attracted to the same sex "does it," I would say you have a dirty mind.

Chica