Waka Flocka Brother Kayo Redd

Police Suspect Suicide

12/30/2013 12:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1230-kayo-redd-instagram
update_graphic_red_bar12:01 PM PT --  Police investigating Kayo's death tell TMZ all evidence now points to suicide -- a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Henry County P.D. says the body of Kayo -- aka Caodes Scott -- was discovered last night in the Georgia subdivision where he lived. The autopsy will be conducted later today.
update_grey_gray_bar
Foul play is NOT suspected in the death of Kayo Redd -- younger brother of rapper Waka Flocka Flame -- law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Redd died over the weekend ... and so far the cause of death has not been determined ... but our sources tell us it does not appear to be a homicide.  There are unconfirmed reports Redd may have taken his own life.

Waka's mother and hip-hop manager Debra Antney confirmed the death on Twitter ... with the message, "I just lost another son." Antney also had a son who died in a car accident when Waka was 13 years old.

Waka tweeted a message yesterday, saying "Ya Big Brother love you Kayo."

Sources tell TMZ an autopsy will be performed today or tomorrow.

Moe Greene

Good for him.

mezuyaf

These peices of sh!t don't deserve the respect usually bestowed upon the deceased. How many innocent people have been victimized in one way or another by the Flocka family. Save me your righteousnes. The world is a better place today.

Nat Turner

You friendly Black folks that think white folks are not your true enemy just read some of these comments and see how they respond to the loss of life of a person they view as being non-white.

They dressed up as Trayvon Martin for Halloween to mock the murder of a teenager, they rejoice and revel in your death and destruction so when will you wake up and recognize your true enemy and love your own people and recognize your own people as family and not your enemy.

These people hate you so stop trying to make piece with them.

EatMe

Of not for the facial hair, I would have thought this was a woman. He be pretty.

Direct

I don't know who this is, but may you R.I.P. and God Bless your family during this difficult time.

nick

Haha...white people.....you guys are funny.....when a white person dies of drug overdose...it's full of RIP......but when blacks die u rejoice......well blacks will always be here.....sorry.....I'm really sorry

Truth

"confirmed the death on Twitter" -----> classy

Mike

I wonder if some corrupt record company run by thugs like Jay-Z or Puff Daddy screwed this guy over and took away his dream of being a rap star.

billybob

Maybe his death is a Gucci Mane's payback? You never know with these rappers . . .

Realtalk

Whats more sad are the hateful comments on here just because he's....bla--A rapper. Suicide is a sad, serious topic. Would it be less negative remarks if it were the dude from Glee, Heath Ledger, or Paul Walker? #interesting

adiesty1

Cowards hiding behind fake pic and names....you disgust me and the rest of the world.....put your hood on and come out

Mike

I bet some sort of "black on black" crime made this guy want to kill himself. Maybe somebody robbed him of his cash and drugs, took his girlfriend, beat him to a pulp, etc.

Who's the worst enemy of young black males out there in America? Other young black males. Not white people.

vivica

RWG I send my blessings to the family dduring this hard times

Theresa

Wow black or not hes someones son, brother, father... I agree with the people that r pissed because he's not getting the proper goobye because of race.. complete bs!! My heart goes out to the famiy, RIP Kayo :-(

sassy4real