Waka Flocka Brother Kayo Redd

Police Suspect Suicide

12/30/2013 12:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1230-kayo-redd-instagram
update_graphic_red_bar12:01 PM PT --  Police investigating Kayo's death tell TMZ all evidence now points to suicide -- a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Henry County P.D. says the body of Kayo -- aka Caodes Scott -- was discovered last night in the Georgia subdivision where he lived. The autopsy will be conducted later today.
update_grey_gray_bar
Foul play is NOT suspected in the death of Kayo Redd -- younger brother of rapper Waka Flocka Flame -- law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Redd died over the weekend ... and so far the cause of death has not been determined ... but our sources tell us it does not appear to be a homicide.  There are unconfirmed reports Redd may have taken his own life.

Waka's mother and hip-hop manager Debra Antney confirmed the death on Twitter ... with the message, "I just lost another son." Antney also had a son who died in a car accident when Waka was 13 years old.

Waka tweeted a message yesterday, saying "Ya Big Brother love you Kayo."

Sources tell TMZ an autopsy will be performed today or tomorrow.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

CremeBrulee

I think when a person from a lower income family makes it big the siblings take it hard. It's like, they are only known for being the sibling and are maybe ashamed to take a "regular" job. They suddenly don't fit anywhere. Sorry to hear of a young person taking their own life. Always sobering.

chichifrogslegs

Devil came back to collect his dues....

China Doll

I'm sorry but why comment If all you 're going to do is be disrespectful ? Are you so heartless that you don't see nothing wrong w/ criticizing the deceased .? Put yourself in this situation would you want people criticizing you when you're gone ? Better yet of this was your sibling how would you feel about people showing nothing but disrespect. GROW UP PEOPLE ! R.I.P Kayo

Havana6

Who is this person lol

crimlaw2112

The "cause of death has not yet been determined".....this may be a wild guess, but it sounds to me like it would be the self-inflicted gunshot wound.

mjstf

Sad!!!! Yes, rest in peace now.....this world is getting more and more difficult to live in...for many people. BE KIND!! Everyone is suffering a tough battle you probably don't know about.

who cares

Who????? When i die I hope TMZ does a story on me since anyone can be famous on TMZ

H1tters

So sad to hear this! You hate to see such a young guy leave this earth before his time. My condolences to the family and may his soul rest in peace! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifrJUfAzAg4

Brittany

How can people be so cruel? This woman lost her son and a man lost his brother. Just because you are a rapper doesn't mean you deserve to die. You never know why someone wants to kill themselves. I just pray God sends Ms. Atney strength as I can only imagine how this must hurt. You low life ****faces need to go get a life and stop masturbating to sorrow and mourning.

Blockboy720

White ppl show all the time they are truly devils..u notice white ppls comments....laughing at the dead..he is nobody..black ppl dnt comment like that..u white ppl are plague to this earth..

Blockboy720

Not all white ppl but most..

Mikeyhm

Society confirms deaths on Twitter now? More than the obviously sad and untimely death of this man, the larger sadness is that we are confirming loss of human life on social media. Sometimes less is more...

neashia

I don't get y people wanna be so hateful over someone also he was a nice looking man that did not even bother anyone y is there so much hate I'm a13 year old girl in I was told don't trea anyone in a way you wouldn't want to be treated of real out here in that's all people wanna do is hate hate hate for what

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5